Joe Delaney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Delaney

I probably bring this up every year but I can't help it. I've always read everything I could on the man. My dad always loved telling stories about this man.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Re: Joe Delaney

Originally posted by SubGod22
    I probably bring this up every year but I can't help it. I've always read everything I could on the man. My dad always loved telling stories about this man.
    He was THE MAN! :good:
    SFL is back!

Comment

I had forgotten about him. Shame on me. Thank you for the article, what a special young man. I remember reading about the incident when it first happened. It is nice to remember that there are others, even pro athletes, who do not always think of themselves first!

Comment

Wikipedia

Reference.com

NCAA.com

The News Star

Rick Reilly SI article

Announcement on Awarding the Presidential Citizens Medal to Joe Delaney

You Tube tributeThe song has some language

A grouping of stories from the SI Vault
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Great article, and I'm so glad to hear that Marty is doing better and has his life headed in the right direction. In a way that's a big weight to carry, that someone died to save your life. The last update I read was where he was in jail, and that plus the tragedy of Joe's daughter losing her husband just made it seem like there was nothing good coming from that. I'm glad that Marty has found God and knows there is a purpose for his life. I'm sure when he first read about Jesus giving his life for us it had a special meaning to him in light of what Joe did.

Comment

Wow I can still recall getting his autograph in the Arrowhead parking lot after a game. Being the foolish, care-free kid I was I ended up losing it. I also recall that same day getting Art Still’s autograph and when I approached him he said, “Here hold this for me, but don’t drink it kid!” (with a great big old smile on his face).

Comment

I remember the day so vividly when I learned he died. I was sitting at the dinner table with my brother and parents watching the CBS news when the anchorman announced the story. As a huge Chiefs fan and being such a young boy, I immediately started crying and ran to my room balling my eyes out in my pillow.

He was my favorite Chief at the time and it was devastating.

Comment

I'm ashamed to say I had forgotten about this tragedy until now. I was a young mother at the time and I remember feeling great empathy for those children lost and those left behind. I wasn't a fan then of pro football like I am now ( it came with the second/current marriage 18 years ago....long story). Anyway, after recently losing one of my own adopted team favorites in such a tragic way, I just want to say I'm sorry for the pain that's emanating from the posted words of this thread.
                "She is only HALF a mother who does not see HER child in EVERY child." - Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                X