Pixar/Disney bad for species

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pixar/Disney bad for species

Biologists blame Pixar film for moving clown fish towards extinction. I never would have thought about it going down like this.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Yeah, I heard about this back when the movie first came out. There was a rush on pet stores for clown fish. Most died within a week of being brought home.

Comment

I know Panda's are endangered but screw it, my daughter liked that movie so we're getting one.

If that thing craps in the basement as much as my dog he'll be dead within the first week like all those clown fish.

Comment

maybe people need to step their "how to take care of fish" game up.

Comment

My dad and myself were into aquariums since the 70's Its VERY easy to kill fish in an ordinary tank (30 gallons or so)! Here are a few tips if you ever get into it.

1. Dont overcrowd the tank. Freshwater the old rule of thumb is inch of fish per gallon of water. In saltwater is even less so they tend to look empty.

2. Smaller tanks need near constant maintenance to avoid the water becoming 'bad' very quickly. It may seem strange but larger tanks (such as a 200 gallon) are a lot easier to care for. Try to get the largest tank you can afford/space for. Dont even consider a 10 gallon and saltwater - thats essentially a glass coffin.

3. People love to overfeed fish. One flake = to the fish eye is enough for the fish. Never allow any to float to the bottom unless you have scavengers.

Anyway, if anyone ever plans to set up an aquarium I highly recommend listening to some of the recorded programs at petfish talk.

Btw, I can speek from experience. I got my silver dollars for my 200 gallon before my mom died in 97 and they finally started dieing off last year from old age!

Comment

I could sure use a WALL-E at my house thats for sure.

Comment

Pocahontas was a beautiful 20-something and all the white people had good intentions.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

Originally posted by Indy23
                Pocahontas was a beautiful 20-something and all the white people had good intentions.
                Typical liberal sewer talk.

/sarcasm I kid you indy

Comment

Re: Pixar/Disney bad for species

Originally posted by SubGod22
                  Biologists blame Pixar film for moving clown fish towards extinction. I never would have thought about it going down like this.
                  Imagine that. Humans may be the most intelligent creatures on earth, but they do some of the dumbest crap.

Comment

Working...
                  X