Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelvin Sampson finds a home

With the Bucks... http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....,2712346.story

So can he make phone calls for the Bucks?
    Do they lose draft picks?

[/sarcasm]
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Ran out of college job offers then. He`s that bad.

Wonder why the Bucks wanted him. Don`t see any rings on his fingers.

Comment

Don't know that there is any reason to question Sampson's coaching skills. He has a pretty good resume. His problems have always been on the "ethics of college recruiting" side of things. Seems like the pro game is probably the right place for him, since he won't have those problems to worry about.
      The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Originally posted by BenWSU
        Ran out of college job offers then. He`s that bad.

Wonder why the Bucks wanted him. Don`t see any rings on his fingers.
        Neither do the Bucks. well at least in the last 20 years.

Originally posted by tgcshock
        Don't know that there is any reason to question Sampson's coaching skills. He has a pretty good resume. His problems have always been on the "ethics of college recruiting" side of things. Seems like the pro game is probably the right place for him, since he won't have those problems to worry about.
        There are tampering rules in the NBA im sure he can find away to break them.

Comment

Regardless, this move by Sampson is probably in his best interests at this time.

Comment

Do you need ethics in the NBA?
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I am always curious how Kelvin Sampson is considered " a good coach" or that there is "no doubting his coaching ability" and totaling ignoring how much of his "coaching ability" is related to his illegally recruited talent. I would be interested to find out which recruits he illegally contacted and which ones showed up at OU and later IU. How good a coach is he this year if the gordon kid doesn't come over?

bottom line, nothing in his resume says he can compete and be a good coach at the D1 level without cheating!

Comment

Originally posted by mattdalt
                I am always curious how Kelvin Sampson is considered " a good coach" or that there is "no doubting his coaching ability" and totaling ignoring how much of his "coaching ability" is related to his illegally recruited talent. I would be interested to find out which recruits he illegally contacted and which ones showed up at OU and later IU. How good a coach is he this year if the gordon kid doesn't come over?

bottom line, nothing in his resume says he can compete and be a good coach at the D1 level without cheating!
                Good point... for instance, give me KU's talent and I'd be a decent coach from Day 1.
                :good:
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                X