No announcement yet.

Another Debate: Global Warming/Climate Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty good stuff there. 8) Something not mentioned is that the light given off is a bit different between a compact fluorescent light bulb and an incandescent bulb. One day I was curious if it was true so I tested it. Put a bulb of each type in a room of my apartment at night and then went outside and compared. The CFL was a whiter type of light (they may have found ways to eliminate this). People are sensitive to different things so some probably find CFL's annoying.

IMHO let people buy what they want (its scary - starting to sound like ABC here :lol: ). I use the CFL just because they last a lot longer then standard bulbs and save on my electric bill.

Comment

The UAE is up to something that may actually help
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Besides the people that don't believe in Global warming, there's still people that believe the world is flat.

Comment

Originally posted by GarH
          Besides the people that don't believe in Global warming, there's still people that believe the world is flat.
          Are you comparing those that don't believe man has any or a significant impact on Global Climate Change with the view of the world being flat? If so, that's just ridiculous.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Only slightly less ridiculous than believing man isn't having an impact on globla warming.

Comment

Based on the 1000's of scientists out there that also think there is little man has done or can do with it I think your comment is absurd. Personally, I'm disgusted by the scare tactics used by some of the EnviroNuts out there. I've seen reports that were blatantly false and they never seem to want to engage the other side in the debate. There are no proven facts out there that I've seen. Just because Al Gore and the UN say something is true doesn't make it so. And yes, I do realize there are others out there that side with them. But there are many on the other side as well if you want to admit it or not. Most don't want to accept that.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

If man is causing global warming, who caused it before there was man. This is not the first time the earth has gone through these changes afterall.
                Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by capnkirk
                  If man is causing global warming, who caused it before there was man. This is not the first time the earth has gone through these changes afterall.
                  Let's just blame it on the dinosaurs. They probably let off too much methane, thus ruining the ozone.

I still feel that this is all a crock.

Comment

Earth's climate has been warming since the most recent in a series of Ice Ages ended 18,000 years ago

I ran across this link, it provides a lot of information on GW during the Earths history and is heavily referenced.

It probably should have been titled "Way, way Inconvienent Truths."

It also contains several very reveling quotes made in the past by some of the current AGW leaders. A couple of my favorites:

"We have to offer up scary scenarios, make simplified, dramatic statements, and make little mention of any doubts we may have. Each of us has to decide what the right balance is between being effective and being honest."

Stephen Schneider (leading advocate of the global warming theory)
                    (in interview for Discover magazine, Oct 1989)

Nobody is interested in solutions if they don't think there's a problem. Given that starting point, I believe it is appropriate to have an over-representation of factual presentations on how dangerous (global warming) is, as a predicate for opening up the audience to listen to what the solutions are...

former Vice President Al Gore
                    (now, chairman and co-founder of Generation Investment Management--
                    a London-based business that sells carbon credits)
                    (in interview with Grist Magazine May 9, 2006, concerning his book, An Inconvenient Truth)

Comment

Nice find rayc...
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Nobel Prize-Winning Physicist Resigns Over Global Warming
                        The global warming theory left him out in the cold.

Dr. Ivar Giaever, a former professor with Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and the 1973 winner of the Nobel Prize in physics, abruptly announced his resignation Tuesday, Sept. 13, from the premier physics society in disgust over its officially stated policy that "global warming is occurring."

The official position of the American Physical Society (APS) supports the theory that man's actions have inexorably led to the warming of the planet, through increased emissions of carbon dioxide.

Giaever does not agree -- and put it bluntly and succinctly in the subject line of his email, reprinted at Climate Depot, a website devoted to debunking the theory of man-made climate change.

"I resign from APS," Giaever wrote.

Giaever was cooled to the statement on warming theory by a line claiming that "the evidence is incontrovertible."

"In the APS it is ok to discuss whether the mass of the proton changes over time and how a multi-universe behaves, but the evidence of global warming is incontrovertible?" he wrote in an email to Kate Kirby, executive officer of the physics society.
                        I don't think that there's much question, that there's much question in the scientific community over this issue.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                          I don't think that there's much question, that there's much question in the scientific community over this issue.
                          ?
                          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1
                            ?
                            It makes sense to me. :yes:
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu
                              Originally posted by wsushox1
                              ?
                              It makes sense to me. :yes:
                              Oh god I feel stupid.

Gotta love 21 hour days when trying to comprehend things like this.....now back to doing disk integration.
                              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

We may be in a period of Global Warming. These exist and and have back to the the early days of the planet. The science of linking man to this is weak. It's a cycle, live with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X