Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those that went to the Virgin Islands last year...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those that went to the Virgin Islands last year...

For those that went with the Shox to the Virgin Islands last year, what's it like?

I've got to prep for a honeymoon in October, and wondering about the island. All I know is it's cheaper to fly to St. Thomas, than most of the other Caribbean Islands, and you don't need a passport.

Any other info would be helpful (i.e. hotels, places to go, restaurants)

Thanks!

Shocks771 needs to chime in, he went there for his honeymoon and went for the tourney last year...

Comment

You'll love St. Thomas. As Moose mentioned, I have been there twice. It is a beautiful island that has quite a few nice beaches. I have had a blast both times I have went.

As for lodging options. On my honeymoon I stayed at the Wyndham Sugar Bay Resort. It is nice and I got a great deal, but I know that prices have increased dramatically since I stayed there in 2003. When I went last November for the basketball tournament I stayed at Point Pleasant Resort. It is a nice place, but the rooms are not directly on the beach and you better be in shape because the resort is on a steep cliff. If you are looking for a place that is directly on the beach I would consider Sapphire Beach Condos. I would have stayed there last November, but they were completely booked due to it being so close to Thanksgiving.

All three of those places are close to Red Hook, which is probably be best place to go for nightlife and if you need groceries. As for food, there are a few restaurants at Red Hook and there are several at the shopping center that is near the port at Charlotte Amelie where the cruise ships dock. Also at Red Hook you can catch ferries over to St. John and the British Virgin Islands. If you do go I would definitely recommend taking the trip over to St. John. Good luck with your planning and whatever you do, make sure you rent a car because cab fare is outrageous. You have to drive on the left side, but it is easy to adjust.

Comment

Working...
      X