Rev Wright on White Brain - Black Brain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rev Wright on White Brain - Black Brain

This is the most racist idea yet, I've heard from this man.

If you follow the logical conclusion of what he is saying, blacks should not hold highly technical professional jobs.

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Looks like they took it down though I caught part of it.

He keeps making reference to a 'change is coming'. So what is the change? Its almost like the idea is that african american youth can't learn under the current education system set up for caucasians and so they need a different form of education. To me this is pretty frightening because:

1. It opens the door to customized education based upon race.

2. It would create students who had learned under an education system
    that may well be a hinderance when they enter the workforce. Does anyone really think employers are going to customize training?

3. It essentilally segregates childeren.

Comment

Its called "reverse racism" and is identical to racism so why anyone bothers to label it such is beyond me but I digress...

Comment

I'm not an education or developmental expert, but I'm guessing there are more than just two learning styles.

Wright is making two mistakes:

1) He's over-simplifying a complex, multi-variable concept.

2) He's using that over-simplification to mis-apply it to people groups based on race and genetics.

I went to a predominantly white elementary, middle and high school. Probably 90-95% caucasian. It was easy to see a mish-mash of different learning styles and aptitudes.

Until Wright stops interpreting everything through a doctrine of race, he'll be right about as often as a broken clock.

Comment

He just needs to go away.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
            He just needs to go away.
            He doesn't seem to want to.
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
            X