Flip-throw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flip-throw

Soccer haters, please click Back on your browsers. No need to go any further.

There was an article and accompanying video in the Hutch News today of a sophomore on the Buhler girls soccer team executing a flip-throw. I thought it was pretty cool (even though I'm not wild about soccer), particularly for a soph.

Yeah I went to high school with a kid that did that at andover. Its really cool and you dont see it very often but you can really get some distance on those throws with the flip.

Comment

I did a bicycle kick in gym class once.

I ruled the day!

Comment

I played in college with a guy that could flip-throw 65 yards. Basically turned any throw in on our half of the field into a corner-kick type situation. We scored a lot of goals that way.

Crazy rule to note about throw-ins:

If you throw in the ball, it is considered in-direct. In other words, someone has to touch it or it doesn't count. Several times he threw it past the keeper into the goal with no one touching it, and it didn't count.

Comment

Flip throws are a lot easier than you'd think, the key is getting the accuracy to match up with the distance. It is nice to have in the bag of tricks though. Like Downtown said it can set up a corner situation from 3/4 of the field.

Comment

I have a friend who played at Andover a few years back that I'd seen do it screwing around. Not sure if he ever pulled it off in a game or not. He could throw a ton anyway.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

It is impressive to see someone do it. Although it looks as if you could really throw your back out if you slip up.

Comment

There were a couple of guys at Trinity Academy that did that when I was there. I was pretty blown away the first time I saw a senior do it my freshman year.
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                X