No announcement yet.

Boy Scouts to start admitting girls...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boy Scouts to start admitting girls...

The Assman

So Girls Scouts don't count for girls? Sad

Comment

Comment

Doesn't it sound like they still are basically just going to keep the boys and girls separate?

Existing packs may choose to establish a new girl pack, establish a pack that consists of girl dens and boy dens or remain an all-boy pack. Cub Scout dens will be single-gender — all boys or all girls. Using the same curriculum as the Boy Scouts program, the organization will also deliver a program for older girls, which will be announced in 2018 and projected to be available in 2019, that will enable them to earn the Eagle Scout rank. This unique approach allows the organization to maintain the integrity of the single gender model while also meeting the needs of today’s families.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
            So Girls Scouts don't count for girls? Sad
            Having kids in both, I can say they are in no way similar. Girl Scouts is basically a fun club...when they say they're going "camping" they're going to stay in a hotel or cabin somewhere. I get why guys who were boy scouts treat girl scouts like it is a joke. I do participate a lot with my son's cub scouts. Pretty much everything they do is foreign to girl scouts. Boy Scouts already let girls affiliate with the organization but I don't think they can earn any ranks, badges, stuff like that. Honestly I can't really even tell you what my daughter does at her girl scout meetings and she can't really tell me either because it's basically nothing.

Comment

Comment

I'll never understand why the people who pushed for this have to hijack organizations and their traditions. If they want something similar to Boy Scouts, but includes boys and girls, why not create their own thing that does that instead?

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                  I'll never understand why the people who pushed for this have to hijack organizations and their traditions. If they want something similar to Boy Scouts, but includes boys and girls, why not create their own thing that does that instead?
                  A)Because that would be using common sense.

B)It would require work, effort and dedication on their part.

C)It wouldn't prove that you're a hateful racist, sexist etc etc.

Comment

Spot on! LMAO!!

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                      Spot on! LMAO!!

A Canadian girl is upset because she can't attain a rank in the Boy Scouts of America?

Seriously, modern culture gets closer everyday to being more-or-less just a big Onion.com article.

Comment

Watch for people to fight for ending separate men’s and women’s divisions in NCAA.
                        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          A)Because that would be using common sense.

B)It would require work, effort and dedication on their part.

C)It wouldn't prove that you're a hateful racist, sexist etc etc.
                          Lol yep. This is why we can't nice things.

Comment

If Girl Scouts is just for fun, that's the one I'm joining.

Comment

Well then, can boys join the girl scouts?

Comment

Working...
                              X