• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USMNT OUT of 2018 World Cup

Embrassing.

Wholesale changes needed ASAP.
    The Assman

We are a joke when it comes to men's soccer.
    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

I can't believe what I just watched. Orukpe would've been a better option than Omar Gonzalez tonight. Altidore was also pitiful.

Comment

No passion or enthusiasm on the pitch. That is inexcusable.
        The Assman

Comment

Horrible. Just horrible.

Comment

Trinidad and Tobago has a population under 1.5 mil. I guess that means the perception that Americans suck at soccer has now become reality.
            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
              Trinidad and Tobago has a population under 1.5 mil. I guess that means the perception that Americans suck at soccer has now become reality.
              It’s not that they suck, the passion and effort just don’t seem to be there like they are in other countries. They had made 7 straight World Cups before this one. So they clearly don’t “suck”, but they definitely aren’t on the level a USA team should be.
              The Assman

Comment

If this causes wholesale changes and shakes up the apple cart to stop excepting average/mediocre results, then it will be a win long term.

There is too much money, infrastructure, and youth players to accept this type of showing.

(Again, USA doesn’t suck, but they are far from exceptional.)
                The Assman

Comment

I hated to start a new topic, and I couldn't find the search functionality to try and locate the general soccer thread that I know exists.

Hopefully the few, but intelligent and engaged futbol fans here will see this and throw me an answer.

As I've enjoyed and watch a lot BPL over the last few years, I THINK I've seen a trend. I want to know if I'm just crazy or if anyone has seen this trend or if it's not just coincidence but there's an actual reason.

Am I crazy, or do the British announcers go out of their way, or maybe feel obligated, to always use first and last name for some players? I know that almost all Brazilian players go by a single name, but it seems, to me at least, some guys are almost NEVER referred to by their last name only. For instance, have you ever heard a discussion on how " that was a delicious finish by Sturridge!" It's almost always "Daniel Sturridge".....or Dele Alli......or Harry Kane.......or Danny Drinkwater......or Danny Welbeck ...........or Gary Cahill.......or Jamie Vardey.........or Wayne Rooney (admittedly, Rooney is the one I hear just his last name some but still, WAYNE Rooney is far more likely).

It does again SEEM that most times, they are English National team members, former or current. Does that have anything to do with it?

Comment

Working...
                  X