Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black and Gold: Remembering The WSU Plane Crash

Link to the KPTS video
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Pilot wanted to take the players on a scenic route coming out of Denver. Unfortunately the route he chose required a rate of climb his plane could not achieve with the weight it was carrying. The flight was destined to crash even before it left the runway.

Everything seemed fine as the plane entered the open end of a box canyon. It was too narrow to turn the plane around and the mountains at the end on the sides of the canyon were higher than the plane could climb.

Most of my friends on the team were on the other plane. My friends on the doomed plane included one with only minor injuries, one who died, and one who lost probably 90% of the muscle tissue in his legs and the tips of some fingers. The younger sister of my friend that passed away turned out to be one of my better friends at WSU. We never once discussed this subject.

Over the years I've thought about going to the annual memorial to say hi to her, but I always decided I'd rather not see her under those circumstances.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I go almost every year and its a nice time to remember those that passed on that day. Had several fraternity brothers that were on that plane and have had an opportunity to meet some of their families..Its a nice ceremony and I would recommend that you go.

Comment

Working...
      X