No announcement yet.

No cash at L-D?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why couldn't they just make one concession cash only and the rest credit/debit only? Wouldn't that cut down on lines at all other concession stands? Then if they were worried about theft by employees they could just stick a camera in on the cash-only stand. Also, why do they make credit/debit card customers get a smart card? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of have a c/d card in the first place? Sounds like a bad idea now that I look into it a little more.
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Put "smart card" machines at area Dillon's stores. Allow fans to obtain a card, put money on it, or get unused money back without having to do it all at the stadium. Of course, there would also be machines at the stadium. I like the idea of one stand cash-only, too.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

Originally posted by Indy23
        Put "smart card" machines at area Dillon's stores. Allow fans to obtain a card, put money on it, or get unused money back without having to do it all at the stadium. Of course, there would also be machines at the stadium. I like the idea of one stand cash-only, too.
        That's a good idea. Or, just sell them like gift cards...

If you're gonna do it at Dillon's, maybe you could find a way to tie it in with your Dillion's Plus card...
        Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
        Students > Alumni
        If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
        The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
          Why couldn't they just make one concession cash only and the rest credit/debit only? Wouldn't that cut down on lines at all other concession stands? Then if they were worried about theft by employees they could just stick a camera in on the cash-only stand. Also, why do they make credit/debit card customers get a smart card? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of have a c/d card in the first place? Sounds like a bad idea now that I look into it a little more.

Like I said above, this isn't being done for the consumer. It's being done for the benefit of the business.

Comment

Originally posted by 7hottamales
            Originally posted by BA2929

Like I said above, this isn't being done for the consumer. It's being done for the benefit of the business.
            I agree, but without the customer there is no business. Especially with Independant baseball teams and a not-so-user friendly baseball stadium.
            "You can observe a lot just by watching."
            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

I assume that the roving vendors will have wireless machines.
              "If you're going to do it, you're going to do it right," athletic director Jim Schaus said. "If we're going to put 'Wichita State' across our chest, then every team is going to matter."

Comment

Originally posted by 7hottamales
                Originally posted by SubGod22
                I like cash. From my experiences at places with lines cash moves faster than cards. Although maybe this card is faster than the credit/debit system we use elsewhere.

I disagree. As long as places don't make you sign, a card is so much quicker than people digging around for the right combination of $s and change. It's basically a swipe and a "have a nice day"

Now if people insist on receipts and the business needs everything signed, cash is obviously preferable.

Of course they can say whatever they want, but this is being put in place to benefit the team. A huge step in controlling sticky fingers of staff. It will also be similar to selling gift cards in that many of the purchasers will never fully use the funds.

The risk here is associated with people not wanting to go through the hassle of the process of obtaining a card or not wanting to have their children doing it in the middle of the game when they might have otherwise given them $3 to run and get a hot dog. I also wonder how easily this will be implemented with the mobile vendors.
                I use my credit card just so I don't have to stand and watch some kid try to count change. How hard is it when the darn computer figures it for you? I swear one kid told me to just reach into the register and get back what was mine because he knew there was no way he was ever going to be able to figure it on his own....

Comment

Working...
                X