Blake Hlnson Offered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blake Hlnson Offered

This is the email I mentioned in the Recruiting Section and sent to one of the Sports Writers for the Daytona Beach News Journal:

Dear Mr. _ _ _ _

Reference your article which appeared in today's (6/28/17) News Journal.

First let me mention that I graduated from Wichita State University and have been an avid BB fan since 1947.

Nothing over the last decade or so ears upsets a Wichita State Basketball fan more than seeing the Shockers referred to as a Mid-Major.

We have been a BB power for over a decade and have played in the NCAA Tournament for the last six straight years. Also, we have won at least one game in each tournament to include making it to the Sweet 16 and even the Final 4 where we lost to the eventual winner, Louisville by 4 points.

Some knowledgeable Sports Writers in the recent past, when they just can't seem to avoid using the term, had taken to referring to WSU as a major BB power playing in a Mid-Major conference.

I am sure you are aware that we are now a Member of a Major conference, The American Conference, along with BB powers Connecticut, Cincinnati, SMU, Memphis and others.

And I am sure you are aware in virtually all the pre-session polls, we have been ranked from #3 to #10 for months. In addition, the ACC conference sports writers are favoring us to win the ACC in our very first year in the conference.

Your article further does a great injustice to Mr. Blake Hinson, in that it sound like he got a offer from a Mid-Major school. HE GOT AN OFFER FROM A MAJOR BB POWER AND FROM A COACH, GREG MARSHALL, WHO WAS THE NCAA COACH OF THE YEAR A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO.

Sincerely,

60 Shock

I got a response back from the Sports Writer that he did not mean to be insulting. He stated he was a CFU grad, but then commented,"The American Conference is not a Power 5 conference," and signed off. From this one could assume perhaps several possibilities, one being if you ain't in the Power 5, you are Mid-Major?

And they live among us and breed.

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
    This is the email I mentioned in the Recruiting Section and sent to one of the Sports Writers for the Daytona Beach News Journal:

Dear Mr. _ _ _ _

Reference your article which appeared in today's (6/28/17) News Journal.

First let me mention that I graduated from Wichita State University and have been an avid BB fan since 1947.

Nothing over the last decade or so ears upsets a Wichita State Basketball fan more than seeing the Shockers referred to as a Mid-Major.

We have been a BB power for over a decade and have played in the NCAA Tournament for the last six straight years. Also, we have won at least one game in each tournament to include making it to the Sweet 16 and even the Final 4 where we lost to the eventual winner, Louisville by 4 points.

Some knowledgeable Sports Writers in the recent past, when they just can't seem to avoid using the term, had taken to referring to WSU as a major BB power playing in a Mid-Major conference.

I am sure you are aware that we are now a Member of a Major conference, The American Conference, along with BB powers Connecticut, Cincinnati, SMU, Memphis and others.

And I am sure you are aware in virtually all the pre-session polls, we have been ranked from #3 to #10 for months. In addition, the ACC conference sports writers are favoring us to win the ACC in our very first year in the conference.

Your article further does a great injustice to Mr. Blake Hinson, in that it sound like he got a offer from a Mid-Major school. HE GOT AN OFFER FROM A MAJOR BB POWER AND FROM A COACH, GREG MARSHALL, WHO WAS THE NCAA COACH OF THE YEAR A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO.

Sincerely,

60 Shock

I got a response back from the Sports Writer that he did not mean to be insulting. He stated he was a CFU grad, but then commented,"The American Conference is not a Power 5 conference," and signed off. From this one could assume perhaps several possibilities, one being if you ain't in the Power 5, you are Mid-Major?

And they live among us and breed.
    Surface-level thinking. It's as much as you can expect from most sports journalists these days.

My guess is he's probably a football guy being forced to cover college basketball.

Comment

Working...
    X