Aviation Schools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aviation Schools

Since we are/were Air Capital of the known universe, which universities compete with us?
    Guessing Seattle U for obvious BOEING reasons. Who else, Tuskegee U ?
    Perhaps Title should be Aeronautics Schools....
    Should there be subdivisions i.e. Large, Medium, Small, Experimental etc.?
    Just wondering.
    For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
    - said no one ever...

Embry Riddle.
    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Park University in St Louis

Mesa Airlines has an airline pilot development program in Farmington, NM and through Arizona State.
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Well we're not really an aviation or aeronautics school. Sadly, and somewhat ironically, the D1 school in the so-called Air Capital of the World doesn't have programs to teach how to work on, fly, or administer airplanes. We used to have an Aviation Management program out of the b-school (I believe), but that has been long gone for decades now. We'll add some of these types of programs with the WATC add, but unfortunately none are either flight training and/or bachelor level or above.

I've long thought that one of the most relevant things Bardo could do to grow the scope and enrollment of WSU would be to add more vocational/STEM academic paths. WSU should have arch e., civil e., architecture, construction science, plus any number of aviation-related programs, but for some reason we don't. WSU is sort of left lacking in many educational facets.

Wanna grow WSU? Add popular academic paths that correlate directly with more professional career paths.

Comment

UNO has an aviation school. They won some award a few years back, but I don't know if it's a great school, good school, or bad.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
            Well we're not really an aviation or aeronautics school. Sadly, and somewhat ironically, the D1 school in the so-called Air Capital of the World doesn't have programs to teach how to work on, fly, or administer airplanes. We used to have an Aviation Management program out of the b-school (I believe), but that has been long gone for decades now. We'll add some of these types of programs with the WATC add, but unfortunately none are either flight training and/or bachelor level or above.

I've long thought that one of the most relevant things Bardo could do to grow the scope and enrollment of WSU would be to add more vocational/STEM academic paths. WSU should have arch e., civil e., architecture, construction science, plus any number of aviation-related programs, but for some reason we don't. WSU is sort of left lacking in many educational facets.

Wanna grow WSU? Add popular academic paths that correlate directly with more professional career paths.
            Also crazy we don't have Petroleum Engineering or Chemical Engineering with Koch in our backyard.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Let's start with a conservative law school, so that when we start new programs like those, we can defend ourselves from chickenhawk u.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

With the ever increasing use of robotics, WSU needs to start offering a mechatronics engineering degree starting yesterday. This field is going to grow tremendously. It also fits in nicely with the focus of the Innovations Campus on advanced manufacturing.

Interested in learning about Mechatronics Engineering? Mechatronics combines a number of Engineering disciplines. Learn more with our in-depth article.

I've often wondered why WSU didn't dive into drones a decade or so ago.
                ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                  I've often wondered why WSU didn't dive into drones a decade or so ago.
                  They were working on drones in the 90s, I can vouch for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    They were working on drones in the 90s, I can vouch for that.
                    Well, what happened after that? North Dakota and KSU/Salina have nationally recognized programs, and as far as I can tell WSU is not even on the radar screen.
                    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Well, what happened after that? North Dakota and KSU/Salina have nationally recognized programs, and as far as I can tell WSU is not even on the radar screen.
                      Dunno.

Comment

Wow, interesting discussion.
                        Is/Isn't there a wind tunnel on campus used for aerodynamics testing? No Pilot training courses?
                        For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                        - said no one ever...

Comment

Originally posted by shoxilla View Post
                          Wow, interesting discussion.
                          Is/Isn't there a wind tunnel on campus used for aerodynamics testing? No Pilot training courses?
                          For some reason the university has resisted all attempts at starting a pilot training program. The closest opportunity students have is the Fairmount Flying Club. They petitioned to be an official student organization but the university declined affiliation. IIRC they are now a non-profit and able to offer very competitive rates to students. The club was started by a doctoral student in aerospace engineering.
                          That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

Originally posted by rZ View Post
                            For some reason the university has resisted all attempts at starting a pilot training program. The closest opportunity students have is the Fairmount Flying Club. They petitioned to be an official student organization but the university declined affiliation. IIRC they are now a non-profit and able to offer very competitive rates to students. The club was started by a doctoral student in aerospace engineering.
                            Bizarre...

Thanks for the insight!

Comment

BoR?

Comment

Working...
                              X