360 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 360 Question

So, I bring home a couple of new games today only to find the red ring of death on my XBOX. Has anyone dealt with that before. I know I'll probably have to send it in to Microsoft but was wondering if anybody knew what I was looking at and how much it's going to cost. Maybe even a time frame. Man this sucks!!!
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

you're better off buying a new 360. It'll take forever for Microsoft to fix it and ship it back

Comment

Red Ring of Death is free to repair. Just ship it to Microsoft and they'll send it back repaired. I haven't had my 360 break myself, but I think if you contact Microsoft they'll send you a box to ship it in. I know people who have sent it in and it's taken 1-2 weeks to come back. Others it's taken mutliple months (but they got free stuff as compenstation.)

I would guess it would be 2-4 weeks. Microsoft has been much better with repairing 360s since they've extended their warranty. The times when it took much longer to repair was at the beginning of the 360's release.

Comment

doesn't that warranty still cover the 360's from launch?

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
          doesn't that warranty still cover the 360's from launch?
          Yeah, it covers every single one out there. As far as I know, the only way to void the warranty is if you open the casing to try and mod the 360.

Comment

I've heard the same thing from a couple of friends tonight. A free fix doesn't suck. I'll take that even if it takes a few extra weeks. I think I can survive.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
            X