Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    Here's another one in the perspective category:

Two years ago my cousin was diagnosed with tongue cancer. The man didn't use tobacco products, was generally very healthy for a 60 year old, and had no history of it in the family.

You will not find a bigger Shocker fan. Season ticket holder for many, many years, advertiser of his business in many athletic marketing endeavors, and always willing to defend our honor when talking about his university. In fact through this whole ordeal, I think he still managed to make almost all of the home games.

Fast forward to now. He has had much of the area between his shoulders and nose removed, including his tongue and voice box, cannot talk, and is on liquids only. He is fighting this with every ounce of strength that he has and continues to amaze me with his will to live.

There are several on this board that know this gentleman. I think he may be one of the biggest hearted people I have ever met and to see this happen to him reassures me that fairness only occurs in eternal life not the physical form. Please think of he and his immediate family over the course of the next few weeks.
    I do think of him all the time. I have never known a man with a bigger heart than him.

Comment

If any of you have access to the Eagle obits for Sunday and or Monday there is a great tribute to my grandson. Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Working...
      X