Hutchison Area Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hutchison Area Fire

I hope @RoyalShock: and family and any other Shockernetters are safe from the mandatory evacuations due to wild fires out in the Hutch area. I saw Buhler schools are closed.

Everyone is safe?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Satellite shows a burn scar in SW KS/NW OK of 650,000 acres. That's unreal.

Two SEATs are inbound today to help provide aerial suppression with any fires still ongoing. Not sure SEATs have ever been deployed to Kansas before. Crazy few years.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

The help is appreciated, however they need something bigger than a small air tractor. They need more firepower (pardon the pun):

“Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
        The help is appreciated, however they need something bigger than a small air tractor. They need more firepower (pardon the pun):

A VLAT would be nice....at 40K a pop.

Comment

Buhler is fine, so far, but much of the burned area is in the Buhler school district. The evacuation area only extended to two miles west of town, but with the westerly winds, if it spreads much further east we could be affected.

There continues to be flare ups (just an hour ago at 108th and Plum, about 5 miles north of Hutch) and it's not close to being contained. The county sheriff says "it's far from over". I've seen some Blackhawks and crop dusters dropping water over the area.

The yellow crop duster I saw from a distance about an hour ago, might be one of these SEATs:

Comment

Hutchinson is almost as hard to spell as Witchita

Comment

A facebook friend posted this pic from near Medora (a few miles NNE of Hutch) this morning:

Comment

Comment

There are more photos from the Blackhawk perspective on the Kansas National Guard facebook page.

Four Kansas Army National Guard Black Hawk helicopters continue helping with fire suppression in Reno County, Kansas, on March 7. On March 6 more than 33,000 gallons of water were dropped on the...

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    Whoa. Good job firemen?

Comment

Firefighters, fire bombers, & the man upstairs.
                      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                        Firefighters, fire bombers, & the man upstairs.
                        Amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          I read online a comment by the owner that they had turned on the sprinklers to non-stop before they got out. It also saved their cows, who were hanging out by the house apparently.
                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

So many cattle dead in western KS. Saw some pictures at Kansas.com that made me sick to my stomach.

Comment

In addition, the topsoil erosion that could occur over the next few weeks is going to be insane in western KS, unless rain occurs quickly. Even then, the fire looked like it burned so hot it completely sterilized the ground and re-seeding may need to occur.

Comment

Working...
                              X