NukeMap:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NukeMap:

An interesting, albeit depressing site, showing how various nukes would damage areas on Google Maps.

NUKEMAP is a website for visualizing the effects of nuclear detonations.

A 135 & Kellog blast of a current Russian SS-25 nuke (800 kt) would:

Estimated fatalities: 115,270

Estimated injuries: 181,010

In any given 24-hour period, there are approximately 488,472 people in the 1 psi range of the most recent detonation.
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

What on earth possessed you to post that?

I'm worried about you bro 😎

Comment

With all of the talk of nuclear rearmament I got curious. As a child of the Cold War kinda thing, I guess, it puts the whole "day after" thing in perspective.

Comment

Growing up, I lived about a quarter mile from a Titan II silo up until they removed them in the mid 80s. I remember at one of the meetings the Air Force did annually at towns near the silos it was asked how powerful the warheads in the Titan II missiles were. He said the exact amount was classified, but he did say one Titan II warhead would be enough to flatten most of Wichita and make a huge area further out unlivable.
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

The tornado and nuclear attack drills at school were exactly the same. Into the hallway, sit with backs to the wall, head between knees and cover your head with your arms. The head between the knees was so you could kiss your ass goodbye.

Comment

I heard Koch Arena was a sanctuary

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
              Growing up, I lived about a quarter mile from a Titan II silo up until they removed them in the mid 80s. I remember at one of the meetings the Air Force did annually at towns near the silos it was asked how powerful the warheads in the Titan II missiles were. He said the exact amount was classified, but he did say one Titan II warhead would be enough to flatten most of Wichita and make a huge area further out unlivable.
              Fun factE My dad was one of the lead propulsion scientists for the Titan II missile while in production. I have flowcharts and propulsion plans/specifications for Titan II missiles in the basement of my house.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Maybe choose a different description than "fun fact"?

Just kidding ya.

I remember the original "Day after movie" that was partially filmed in Kansas, some at a football game (slight irony there) and to this day just thinking about it makes me sick to my stomach.

Have you seen the silo turned into a livable space and it's sold out so the guy is building a 2nd? Survival Condo

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                  Fun factE My dad was one of the lead propulsion scientists for the Titan II missile while in production. I have flowcharts and propulsion plans/specifications for Titan II missiles in the basement of my house.
                  Sweeeet!! Let's get together and build one this weekend!
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Call me maybe...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      Sweeeet!! Let's get together and build one this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                        I have no idea why the elevator is broken.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

It is kind of interesting what a davey crockett does... I feel like i am on a watch list now.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                            With all of the talk of nuclear rearmament I got curious. As a child of the Cold War kinda thing, I guess, it puts the whole "day after" thing in perspective.
                            The Eagle put a similar map on its front page when the Day After aired. They described the various forms of death and injury based on your proximity to ground zero (vaporized to eyes melting out of their sockets, etc). Based on my location in NW Wichita, I determined that it would be better to drive toward ground zero than away from it...
                            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
                            X