a POS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a POS

On a night that was supposed to be significant for what 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick did on the field, what he didn't do while off the field will create even bigger headlines.

The great thing about this country is that a famous, rich, minority athlete, raised by adoptive parents, who has escaped prosecution of crimes, can whine about justice and opportunity in this country.

That alone should make him proud to be an American.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

What a douche bag.

Comment

The problem, as I see it anyway, is that what Kaepernick did only 1) validates the opinion of those who he complains about (a small minority of whites) of who they believe him to be and 2) puts a negative question into some of the minds (of other whites) of who may now think less of him, not just as a person, but a black person. He may gain misguided cred among a portion of blacks, but he loses much more with those he's wanting respect from.

This is the same problem with any kind of "violent protest", which does nothing more than hurt their cause and harm their own neighborhoods (PS: it would be even worse for their cause done outside their neighborhood).

Comment

If he wants to take a stand to protest violence against members of the black community, fine, go for it. Just understand where that violence is coming from.

Comment

I just thought he was pouting because nobody want's him. Funny how this mirrors his NFL career - derailed because of his poor decision making ability.

Comment

At least today, this remains a free country and the greatest one on this Earth. He has the right to express his opinion. I wish the NFL had a rule respecting the anthem but they don't, so be it.

We also have the right to express our opinion in any way we see effective.

I find it terribly hypocritical for insanely wealthy "celebrities" to espouse their opinions like Colin did, yet DO nothing about it. I trust we'll see a list of things he's doing or supporting to improve the inequities he's complained about.

Personally, I'll stand and support all the men and women that have sacrificed to protect Colin's right to be an asshole. God Bless each and every one of you and your families.

Comment

From time to time, fans become sufficiently upset with a player to burn his jersey.
                Last edited by pinstripers; August 28, 2016, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Allen West is a very smart man. He would be about 100 times better leading this country than the current leader, or the next one.

I don't know how anyone can refute or rebut 95%+ of what he says. It's so honest, right and common sense.

Comment

In this great country of ours every citizen has the right to stand up and act like a hero or a jackass or something in between.

And likewise, every citizen has the equal right to applaud belittle, disparage, put down, admonish, and criticize said act.

Comment

Working...
                    X