Dining in ICT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dining in ICT

Moving a child to Wichita tomorrow. We have our old standby places to eat, Anchor, The Hill, Public and a few others. Anyone tried The Monarch? Curious for an unbiased review.

I have eaten at The Monarch on several occasions, though I'm not sure that makes me unbiased.

I like it. Primarily sandwiches. They claim to cook all their sandwich meats in-house, and they are pretty delicious. Tasty appetizers. Decent beer list. If you like those other 3 places, my guess is you will at least find The Monarch acceptable and should try it out.

Comment

I really like the Monarch. Great atmosphere to enjoy a craft beer or a Moscow Mule. I enjoy their tasty Cuban sandwiches and am anxious to try their brisket sandwich. Patio area is a neat hang-out spot at night.

Comment

Thanks guys! We will give it a shot tomorrow night unless they're slammed with NBC fans. Otherwise it may be Dempsey's or Ziggy's Pizza.

Comment

If you like wings, Wings & Things on East Central is phenomenal. Best wings I've ever had. Owned by Kamerion Wimbley.

For pizza, Ziggys is a great choice. Picasso's is another great option in the Delano district.

I realize this is probably too late now haha.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Continuing in the "it's too late now" them the thread has taken...

...Firebird's has gotten nothing but excellent reports from everyone I've encountered who's been there.

I'm a bit surprised nobody mentioned DooDah Diner, althought that place probably has a line stretching around the block with the NBC in town.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I've been to Firebirds twice. Two times too many. Over priced and misses the mark. Just my humble opinion.

However, the duck at Chesters......wow.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                I've been to Firebirds twice. Two times too many. Over priced and misses the mark. Just my humble opinion.

However, the duck at Chesters......wow.
                Amen. First went there for lunch....stunk. Decided to give them a second chance and try dinner.....stunk again. Overpriced for the quality of food you get. Other than being a good location, that's about all the props I'll give this joint.

Comment

I'm not sure in what universe a person would choose Firebirds over Red Rock, for what amounts to a similar menu, price range and atmosphere. Red Rock just kills it.

Comment

Redrock is amazing. I've never been anything but impressed. Prices are a shade high, but more than fair for the huge portions. And the food is ALWAYS spot on and if it's not, they bend over backwards to see you get something you like.

Try the Black Cherry Collins for a refreshing adult beverage.

I could get sick on the Persimmon Hill Meatloaf (and the cooks know exactly how to prepare salmon).
                    Last edited by WuDrWu; August 12, 2016, 10:52 PM.

Comment

These responses are a total surprise. This is the first I've heard anything but great reviews of Firebird's. I know some people involved in the ownership group and will pass along your concerns.
                      Last edited by Aargh; August 12, 2016, 11:22 PM.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Ziggy's is run by people who are big-time Shockers fans. That's very important as well.

Stroud's is one of my favorites.

For a "fast-food" type spot, Barn'rds is pretty good. Tremendous service. Great WSU supporters as well.
                        78-65

Comment

The Monarch was outstanding. Tonight we have sort of a family gathering at Public.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Redrock is amazing. I've never been anything but impressed. Prices are a shade high, but more than fair for the huge portions. And the food is ALWAYS spot on and if it's not, they bend over backwards to see you get something you like.

Try the Black Cherry Collins for a refreshing adult beverage.

I could get sick on the Persimmon Hill Meatloaf (and the cooks know exactly how to prepare salmon).
                            I will have to remember the Black Cherry Collins next time I am there. Have you ever tried the Black Cherry Old Fashioned at Granite City? Also good stuff, if one is a bourbon drinker.
                            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                              The Monarch was outstanding. Tonight we have sort of a family gathering at Public.
                              Another great choice.
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                              X