Durant to Golden State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Durant to Golden State

Durant and Golden State agree to contract.

Will this help them keep Curry and other key GS players?

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
    Durant and Golden State agree to contract.

Will this help them keep Curry and other key GS players?
    Probably for next year. After that, who knows?
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
      Probably for next year. After that, who knows?
      Curry becomes a free agent after next year, so yes, he'll be there next year. My question was for longer term. With Durant, and barring key injuries, GS is the odds on favorite to win the title next year. Some players have been know to sign for less if they know their situation with the current team is a solid one. Multiple championships bring more fame and more endorsement dollars.

The interesting part is that Durant's contract appears to be only 2 years and that Curry's contract ends next year. A longer contract for Durant would have more likely guaranteed Curry re-signing.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
        Curry becomes a free agent after next year, so yes, he'll be there next year. My question was for longer term. With Durant, and barring key injuries, GS is the odds on favorite to win the title next year. Some players have been know to sign for less if they know their situation with the current team is a solid one. Multiple championships bring more fame and more endorsement dollars.

The interesting part is that Durant's contract appears to be only 2 years and that Curry's contract ends next year. A longer contract for Durant would have more likely guaranteed Curry re-signing.
        Durant's contract will actually be a 1+1, I think, so I imagine it'll be a conversation next summer between Curry and KD about whether or not they'll re-sign. I don't see Curry going anywhere, though.

I haven't seen anything about it, so I don't know the answer to this. If KD opted out next year, would the Warriors have enough cap space to sign both KD and Curry to max deals? Curry will have bird-rights, so I'd think it would be feasible, but I really don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
          Durant's contract will actually be a 1+1, I think, so I imagine it'll be a conversation next summer between Curry and KD about whether or not they'll re-sign. I don't see Curry going anywhere, though.

I haven't seen anything about it, so I don't know the answer to this. If KD opted out next year, would the Warriors have enough cap space to sign both KD and Curry to max deals? Curry will have bird-rights, so I'd think it would be feasible, but I really don't know.
          This will make the NBA even less interesting. If no one on GS gets hurt, it's a done deal. OCity is another non competitive team to add to a non competitive league.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
            This will make the NBA even less interesting. If no one on GS gets hurt, it's a done deal. OCity is another non competitive team to add to a non competitive league.
            Agreed. Curry and KD were so easy to root for, but now I'm rooting for anyone that's not the Warriors.

Comment

jdshock, my sentiments exactly.

Every year with the ever increasing huge salaries paid to athletes in FB, BB, and Base Ball, it becomes much more difficult for an average family of four to even think of attending a live game.

Comment

Couple that with the inane decision to move the All Star game away from North Carolina solely on the basis of HB2 and the NBA is further sliding into "I couldn't care less" mode, for me at least.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  Couple that with the inane decision to move the All Star game away from North Carolina solely on the basis of HB2 and the NBA is further sliding into "I couldn't care less" mode, for me at least.
                  While playing in China, where real human rights violations are occurring.

Hypocrites.
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

I don't want to see Kaitlynn Jenner showering in the boy's locker room.

If you want transgender males (formerly female) in your daughter's locker room or bathroom, just do a Google image search for "transgender male" and see if those pictures are something you want in your daughter's bathroom.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      I don't want to see Kaitlynn Jenner showering in the boy's locker room.

If you want transgender males (formerly female) in your daughter's locker room or bathroom, just do a Google image search for "transgender male" and see if those pictures are something you want in your daughter's bathroom.
                      The last I heard, Kaitlynn still had "his junk" and, in an interview, said he/she still prefers women, but that was a number of months ago. I'm having a hard time figuring out just which locker room, my son or daughter's.

Comment

Working...
                      X