Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm in Chicago for a few hours, what should I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm in Chicago for a few hours, what should I do?

Give me a few good ideas of something to do to enjoy this vast market. I could walk around O'Hare looking for LOYCHI gear to wipe with, but I think they are too big of a name to stock gear in a teeny airport like this.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Visit Wrigley then grab a cheezborger at Billy Goat Tavern.

Comment

Go to a random street corner and ask passing locals to name one Loyola player.
      One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Portillo's - Italian Beef

Lou Malnati's - Chicago Classic Pizza
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

Award bonus points if they say Adom Jacko.

Comment

Visit a grocery store so at least one person affiliated with WSU can finally say they had a positive experience with the Chicago market...

Comment

It is June. This is a very important month. Everything hinges on June. Here is what you do, you go to St Mary of the Lake Catholic Church, you pray really hard for the swoon to skip in June. Drop a twenty in the poor box and back out quietly. We shall not discuss this, goats, the month of June or Steve Bartman again.
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Maybe stop in at the university to personally apologize for all the recruits we stole

Comment

Has anyone suggested "shoot someone?"

That's a popular thing to do in Chicago I'm told

Comment

Bartman is my hero. Screw the cubs. Or just wait and they will screw themselves.
                      One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Navy Pier is worth a look. Lou Mitchell's for a great breakfast. Millennium Park is beautiful. If you are at all artistically inclined, the Chicago Art Institute is world-class. And if you have any spare time after all that, a boat tour on the Chicago River.

Comment

Bartman is my hero. Screw the cubs. Or just wait and they will screw themselves.
                          s-l225.jpg

I actually own this same shirt. I bought it from a street vendor outside of Wrigley in 87 or 88. The Simpson's were huge back them and Bart Man shirts were very popular.

I have it in mothballs somewhere in storage. I should get it out.

Anyway, Cubs won today.
                          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

there is only one thing to do when in Chicago.

Get out of Chicago as fast as you possibly can. Until you get out of Chicago, hide. Try to appear invisible. Never give the slightest impression you might be vulnerable.

I told an acquaintence (from Chicago) that I had a good friend who had grown up in a bad part of Chicago. My acquaintenee replied, "There is no good part of Chicago".

When in O'Hare, you are where it's as good as it gets.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm safely in Alaska now. BTW, Ike is really nice compared to other airports.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                              Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Working...
                              X