It rained in Wichita 43 years ago today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It rained in Wichita 43 years ago today

I know this because I married Mrs. StM that day. Or she married me. Whatever, we're still together. It's been a long strange trip but I'm very proud that we have been able to stay together and support each other all these years. I never put much thought into what would make a good spouse, I just thought she had a cute butt and she seemed to like me as much as I liked her. Maybe that's all it takes. I can't imagine anybody else would have put up with home improvement projects that never get finished or let me play golf whenever I want or be less demanding than she has been. We have taken the "in sickness and in health" vow and put it to the test a number of times and come out the other side stronger for it. We are going to have a fine meal tonight and we will share a pour of Pappy to celebrate. I wanted you guys to know that I'm a lucky guy.
    One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Congratulations and best wishes for the duration.
    In the fast lane

Comment

Congrats!

I'm sure you've squeezed a lot of banana's...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Congrats! You two have got myself and Mrs. ST by about 2 1/2 months. However, you no longer "can't imagine no one else would have put up with" things not getting finished within a reasonable time as I'm probably the worst. Also, pretty sure that you know that it's more than "that's all it takes".

Yes..., yes, we are very lucky guys. :yahoo:

Comment

@ShockTalk:, I registered the "Lazy MF" with the Kansas Livestock Assoc so I think I win the slacker prize. Does anybody know how to rotate the letter M when typed so that it looks like my branding iron?
          One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
            @ShockTalk:, I registered the "Lazy MF" with the Kansas Livestock Assoc so I think I win the slacker prize. Does anybody know how to rotate the letter M when typed so that it looks like my branding iron?
            I was gonna do that.

Comment

ISWYDT

Comment

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

It didn't rain 44 years ago last Friday. We both had finals on Friday (May 13th was on Saturday in 1972) and got married on Saturday. Came back from our honeymoon and started summer school.

Not sure why she married me, maybe it was because her Dad was so opposed to me. He was an attorney, I was a history major mowing grass for the city park department for a living. Like you, after 44 years 3 states, 5 cities, 3 kids 2 time zones, it has only gotten better. I have not had to make one claim against her warranty.

Comment

Working...
                  X