Cerakoting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cerakoting

Anybody ever had anything cerakoted in Wichita? I saw one place that did it, but cerakoting is a tricky business and I want it done right.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

I have done it myself many years ago. I have a co-worker that does dura-coat. Very similar and easier to apply. I have some contacts around the state that cerakote but I can't vouch for the quality of their work. Give me some time, I'll get contact info to you.
    One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

I didn't know what cerakote was, so I Googled it. The first thing that came up was Cerakote's page, which had a "find local dealer" option. I put in my zip code and it found a certified dealer in Wichita. I can't say anything about the quality of work they do and I know nothing of what the "certification" process consists of - it could just be placing a minimum order.

But here's the local company that's listed. It's FTW at 807 E. Harry:

https://www.cerakoteguncoatings.com/...icator_id=9853
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        I didn't know what cerakote was, so I Googled it. The first thing that came up was Cerakote's page, which had a "find local dealer" option. I put in my zip code and it found a certified dealer in Wichita. I can't say anything about the quality of work they do and I know nothing of what the "certification" process consists of - it could just be placing a minimum order.

But here's the local company that's listed. It's FTW at 807 E. Harry:

https://www.cerakoteguncoatings.com/...icator_id=9853
        Thats the one i found, and they seem to be good, but I was hoping someone would recommend them based on first hand experience.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
          I have done it myself many years ago. I have a co-worker that does dura-coat. Very similar and easier to apply. I have some contacts around the state that cerakote but I can't vouch for the quality of their work. Give me some time, I'll get contact info to you.
          FTW on Harry cant be too bad if they are a cerakote approved shop, and there is a dealer in Anchorage if it bubbles. I need to get it in the shop this week because it is going to AK for good in 2 weeks.

Comment

FTW is one of the businesses that I have talked with earlier. I would give them a whirl. Is this the 45-70 we are talking about?
            One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
              FTW is one of the businesses that I have talked with earlier. I would give them a whirl. Is this the 45-70 we are talking about?
              Yes. I called them and they are on a 6-8 week back log. Looks like I might be doing it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                Yes. I called them and they are on a 6-8 week back log. Looks like I might be doing it myself.
                Brownells has a cerakote product that doesn't require baking. I know nothing about it.

Comment

Working...
                X