Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banff

Anyone been?
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Damn, might have to add it to my bucket list...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Been there
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

It is indeed a bucket list locale.
        Mrs. Rixtoy and I rode our Harleys from here to Calgary with a couple of friends. awesome ride.
        If you drive, take the trek up through Idaho and follow the Salmon River into Montana and take in Glacier Nat'l Park on the way.
        I love the Rockies, but there is something about the Canadian Rockies that is just majestic.
        There is a hotel that looks out onto that view you see in the picture. Pretty incredible.
        Ironically, we were discussing places we have been where our ashes might be scattered some day and this is one of the places.
        A big skiing destination in winter, but first of August is my recommendation.
        If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

Wife and I went on our 1st Anniversary. Definitely recommend.

Comment

Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post
            It is indeed a bucket list locale.
            Mrs. Rixtoy and I rode our Harleys from here to Calgary with a couple of friends. awesome ride.
            If you drive, take the trek up through Idaho and follow the Salmon River into Montana and take in Glacier Nat'l Park on the way.
            I love the Rockies, but there is something about the Canadian Rockies that is just majestic.
            There is a hotel that looks out onto that view you see in the picture. Pretty incredible.
            Ironically, we were discussing places we have been where our ashes might be scattered some day and this is one of the places.
            A big skiing destination in winter, but first of August is my recommendation.
            The salmon river is my neck of the woods in Idaho. Been fortunate enough to spend the past two summers working for the Sawtooth National Forest in Ketchum Idaho but routinely got assigned to projects in Stanley and along the Sawtooth Wilderness. There's something about that area that I just can't leave. Working to get back there.

Comment

Stanley & Ketchum are 2 of my fav spots in Idaho.
              Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

I've never been, but obviously is it not only beautiful, but also the summer art and music festival there each year is absolutely top shelf.
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by small tyme baller View Post
                  Stanley & Ketchum are 2 of my fav spots in Idaho.
                  They are amazing places. My family is originally from Gooding, ID so we've had a cabin in the SNRA north of Ketchum since the 30's. That's including the time when a doug fir decided to park itself right in the middle of our cabin. It's home for me, been spending my summers there since I was born, but working for the forest service gave me even more of an excuse to go into the woods.

Comment

Have family scattered all over Idaho w/majority in and around Boise. Been out ther almost 20 yrs. love going out there to spend summers. We usually head up for fishing, rafting & your usual R&R. Beautiful country, enjoy it more than most S. Rockies places I frequent.

VERY envious of the Forest Service work
                    Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

My wife and I spent our honeymoon there (2 weeks). Banff, Lake Louise (pictured in first post), and Jasper. Banff Hotel was very nice, but it is more about just staying "there". Instead of staying at the Chateau at Lake Louise, I'd suggest the Post Hotel, still maybe the nicest place we've stayed in our married lives. I've been a northern Rockies person my entire life, but the Canadian Rockies are completely different. Wildlife is unbelievable as well - bear (both black and grizzly), moose, elk in the streets, mountain goat, bighorn sheep, etc. we keep talking about going back, but just haven't, yet. If you like the mountains, it should be on your bucket list.

Comment

Working...
                      X