Cindy Klose Retiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cindy Klose Retiring

Cindy is hanging it up after 25 years at KWCH. I just hope she allows Bob Hull to continue as part-time play-by-play.

After 25 years of serving the community of Kansas, KWCH 12 main anchor Cindy Klose is retiring.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Hopefully Melissa gets to take her slot. Seems like they've been grooming her for it.

Comment

I don't really have an opinion one way or the other, but watching a KWCH newscast without her or Roger Cornish would be weird. I'm pretty sure they've been there since I was born.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

One of the bright lights of KWCH. Now they are switching over to the Kunkels of the world just like the other local stations. What a shame. At least they still have the best weather crew, for the most part.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Now Susan Peters announces she's leaving KAKE also at the end of May. Expect more of this as these new owners purge expensive experienced talent

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
            I just hope she allows Bob Hull to continue as part-time play-by-play.
            I don't. Yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
              I don't. Yikes.
              Who do you want that's better? Craig Steven?
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                I'm not saying there is a better option we've had before. Just can't stand Bob. He provides nothing, takes up 40% of the broadcast repeating the play that Mike just called, and is a giant BCS snob.

Comment

DOFO.

He could segway scoring droughts into droughts west of the turnpike. And when we make it rain from three, talk about how he's surprised because it only rains east of the Turnpike.
                  The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Did anyone notice that when they were talking about people with no ego that WK was not present?

Comment

Originally posted by washedup View Post
                      Now Susan Peters announces she's leaving KAKE also at the end of May. Expect more of this as these new owners purge expensive experienced talent
                      And her last day is scheduled for the last day of Cindy's. Trying to steal some of her thunder?

Very weird timing.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

And her last day is scheduled for the last day of Cindy's. Trying to steal some of her thunder?

Very weird timing.
                        Coincidence or not, seems appropriate. Cindy Klose replaced Susan Peters at KWCH in 1991. And along with Rose Stanley, certainly two of the most impactful female TV anchors in the history of Wichita TV. Kind of amazing, they'll go out on exactly the same day.

Comment

Cindy Klose has elevated Wichita broadcast news with her smooth professionalism. She's a high major talent in a mid-major market.

Comment

Also, Susan Peters can't read. I'll be curious to see if they hire a replacement that can.

Comment

Has anybody heard when they will officially announce a replacement for Cindy Klose? I really hope that Melissa Scheffler replaces her. If, in fact, KWCH was grooming her to replace Cindy, you would think that they would have waited until she had her baby and returned from maternity leave. Another element that leads me to believe that Cindy is being forced out...

Comment

Working...
                              X