No announcement yet.

Severe Weather 2016 - First Blood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, and correct me if I'm wrong, but you're saying that what I need to do is go outside and say nice things to all the Cumulus clouds I can find to try to make them happier?

Comment

wsushox, what do you think about the dry line positioning? It's already knocking on the door of Hutchinson and western Kingman county. Do you think it'll stall or retreat at all?

We're getting a SSW component to the winds now at the surface, and the 850s currently also have a westerly component. Are those gonna back? Otherwise, it looks like more of a hail threat potentially east of the turnpike?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        wsushox, what do you think about the dry line positioning? It's already knocking on the door of Hutchinson and western Kingman county. Do you think it'll stall or retreat at all?

We're getting a SSW component to the winds now at the surface, and the 850s currently also have a westerly component. Are those gonna back? Otherwise, it looks like more of a hail threat potentially east of the turnpike?
        The issue is that there are almost three separate circulations at the surface. The 1000mb low in central KS is really shoving the dryline east. If that low continues to stay there, and deepen, like some models show. Then yes, I could see the dryline passing wichita in the next 2-3 hours.

Edit: Well apparently the SPC doesn't agree because they kept their risk area almost identical. Not sure I agree, but oh well.
        Last edited by wsushox1; April 26, 2016, 11:42 AM.
        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Also, here is the link to the one minute visible satellite for today. It's really awesome!

Comment

That is very cool.

Comment

Does the dryline passing through Wichita early mean the storms will likely be east of us (yes, east of turnpike?)
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                Also, here is the link to the one minute visible satellite for today. It's really awesome!

http://rammb.cira.colostate.edu/rams...op_speed_ms=80
                Whoa! I totally see a baby goat slowly morphing into a woman's posterior.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                  Does the dryline passing through Wichita early mean the storms will likely be east of us (yes, east of turnpike?)
                  yes.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                    yes.
                    So, I can put my non-brown pants back on?

Comment

yes.

Dry line is in medicine lodge to Pratt. Quit trying to mess with me!

Comment

Originally posted by DanielBryan View Post
                        DOFO makes an appearance. Well we're officially not getting a drop.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by DanielBryan View Post
                          It well past medicine lodge - dewpoint there at 41. Harper has dropped to 60 dewpoint, Wichita at 67. Dry line looks to be passing through Cheney/Andale at moment.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                            It well past medicine lodge - dewpoint there at 41. Harper has dropped to 60 dewpoint, Wichita at 67. Dry line looks to be passing through Cheney/Andale at moment.
                            Radar almost makes it look like it's near Goddard to Conway Springs at the moment.

Comment

Radar almost makes it look like it's near Goddard to Conway Springs at the moment.
                              Professional thoughts at this point, @wsushox1:?

Comment

What is the percent chance of rain between 4:00pm and 6:00pm (in Wichita)?
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X