BRAKES!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRAKES!!!

I'm in desperate need of a brake job on my car. Any suggestions where to take it?
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
    I'm in desperate need of a brake job on my car. Any suggestions where to take it?
    I really like the guys at Yost, downtown.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

nm
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

Expert Auto Center 5230 E Central, 440-6600 talk to Shawn.

Comment

Yost is good. I also have work done by After Hours Auto Repair, which is over near Pawnee and Meridian.
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by Pigman View Post
            Expert Auto Center 5230 E Central, 440-6600 talk to Shawn.
            I would suggest same place. Shawn is a good, honest guy who doesn't try to take advantage of people.
            78-65

Comment

Your own driveway/garage. Not that hard. The next step in the difficulty scale above changing your oil.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                Your own driveway/garage. Not that hard. The next step in the difficulty scale above changing your oil.
                I might agree if it was just changing the brake pads, but I'm afraid it's going to be rotors and probably ABS/TC stuff too. Without tools or jacks, I'm not willing to take the chance of getting it apart and finding it's something I can't fix.

Comment

Christian Brothers at 13th and Woodlawn or Bosleys tire center. Bosleys did my struts for 1/2 the price of anywhere else in town. I started using CB for most work and have been very happy with them.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                    I might agree if it was just changing the brake pads, but I'm afraid it's going to be rotors and probably ABS/TC stuff too. Without tools or jacks, I'm not willing to take the chance of getting it apart and finding it's something I can't fix.
                    Well the rotors are a part of every brake job already - be it replacement or refinishing.

ABS sensors in that area are generally held onto the car with a small bolt or two, along with a simple electrical plug, and can be bought at most auto parts stores, or the dealer at worst.

But no big deal, it is your money and time.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                      Well the rotors are a part of every brake job already - be it replacement or refinishing.

ABS sensors in that area are generally held onto the car with a small bolt or two, along with a simple electrical plug, and can be bought at most auto parts stores, or the dealer at worst.

But no big deal, it is your money and time.
                      These are things I did not/do not know. I've replaced a clutch in a chevette and rebuilt a transmission in a monte carlo, with my dad's help in an auto shop (he was a mechanic), but I've never worked on brakes and never had tools to do much else either.

Comment

I work at a shop outside whitewater. We do eveything, specialize in transmissions, can tow for a really reasonable price and bring it back to you too. Farmers Repair. In fact, I do most of the brake work. @Pigman: can attest to our honesty.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

YES I CAN

Comment

Working...
                          X