This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    Without wealth CREATION we will be doomed. Can government create wealth? NO, it can't, it
    can only redistribute it but it does not create it. So, if creating wealth is the only solution to our
    debt problem then we had better start funneling it back into private enterprises that hire
    workers that PRODUCE/ CREATE wealth and NOT government which only drives up the debt.
    Your response is a little simplistic, as it assumes that if we funnel it back to private enterprises who will invest in America and American workers. Unfortunately, that is not always the case nowadays. MANY large multi-national companies have outsourced operations to the Phillipines, Central America, China and India. If the money gets transferred back to those countries to create jobs and increase wages, it will not be American jobs created or American wages increased.

Even though I agree with your argument on the surface, today's interconnected economy does not guarantee a satisfactory outcome for American workers or American wages.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
      The glass is like your brain, totally empty. Bh the way, which juco did you get your nursing degree from? I ask that because if brains were dynamite, you wouldn't have enough to blow your nose. You and the RWNJ's 'I ****ed your mom' gag is more fit for a mentally challenged ex-high school jock. It reflects on your lack of intellect and upbringing.

And no, it has no impact on me nor on my mother's skeletal remains.
      Dude, see? See what you did? The dead mom card doesn't work. Lots of us have dead moms, all of us that don't right this minute, will. If you are going to counter either the mom our wife card, and I don't recommend it, is the "My mom's in a coma" card. See the old Seinfeld episode. Dead moms don't work, mom's in a coma, does.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Shocka, here is the one and only defense to the "I slept with your mom/wife" card. Hope this helps.

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
          Shocka, here is the one and only defense to the "I slept with your mom/wife" card. Hope this helps.

https://youtu.be/oApBlWipc2A
          "His wife is in a coma." I love it.

Comment

MANY large multi-national companies have outsourced operations to the Phillipines, Central America, China and India.
            Why would they do that?
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

https://youtu.be/oApBlWipc2A
              Well after the "coma" comeback there is the "See!? I screwed her so hard she's in a coma" gambit.

Comment

From this mornings Opinion Line. Pretty funny.

While many think that quarterback Johnny Manziel has hit rock bottom in his personal and professional life, I do not think he is quite there yet. He will not have hit rock bottom until he starts dating a Kardashian.

Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                  From this mornings Opinion Line. Pretty funny.

While many think that quarterback Johnny Manziel has hit rock bottom in his personal and professional life, I do not think he is quite there yet. He will not have hit rock bottom until he starts dating a Kardashian.

Does Caitlyn Jenner count as a Kardashian in that respect?
                  Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Why would they do that?
                    Here's the background. Large multinational corporations have outsourced business functions (i.e. jobs) , which increases their profits in those countries, but 'strands' the profits as they can't be brought back into American operations without triggering a tax penalty.

In 2004, our congress passed a holiday to allow these corporations to bring them in by declaring a tax holiday. The rationale was that it would spur investment and create American jobs. It did not. Here is an analysis performed by the Heritage institute:
                    Abstract: U.S. companies that own foreign subsidiaries pay taxes abroad—and they often pay taxes again when the companies bring the earnings home—known as repatriation. This double taxation naturally hurts competitiveness at home and abroad, and encourages U.S. companies to leave these earnings abroad. A proposal to reduce the U.S. tax on profits previously earned—a repatriation tax holiday—is gaining momentum in Congress.

They advocate for a tax holiday that allows repatriation of the 'stranded' profits, but only if the enabling legislation requires the investment be made in the United States. It sure looks like Heritage agrees at least some level, that the tax breaks, if reinvested, were not invested in the United States, Other people who performed studies of the impact of the 2004 legislation concluded that the tax holiday actually accelerated outsourcing (because the investment was made outside the United States) and accelerated the loss of American jobs.

Comment

Here's the background.

You didn't answer my question. You sort of went off on a tangent.

Large multinational corporations have outsourced business functions (i.e. jobs) ...
                      Unless you are 100% interested in returning the 8.5 million jobs outsourced to ILLEGAL immigrants right here in the good old USA, I don't think you have a leg to stand on bitching about the 2.4 million jobs LEGALLY outsourced to foreign workers by corporations. The very liberals bitching about corporations hiring foreigners are the same people advocating a practice that is doing 3.5x the damage. But it's actually MUCH WORSE than 3.5x. You see, the corporations aren't outsourcing jobs at an exponential growth rate. But the 11+ million illegal alien population? It's growing exponentially, just like all fat and happy populations do.

Comment

“Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Goose died.............

But not before he nailed your mom.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            You didn't answer my question. You sort of went off on a tangent.

Unless you are 100% interested in returning the 8.5 million jobs outsourced to ILLEGAL immigrants right here in the good old USA, I don't think you have a leg to stand on bitching about the 2.4 million jobs LEGALLY outsourced to foreign workers by corporations. The very liberals bitching about corporations hiring foreigners are the same people advocating a practice that is doing 3.5x the damage. But it's actually MUCH WORSE than 3.5x. You see, the corporations aren't outsourcing jobs at an exponential growth rate. But the 11+ million illegal alien population? It's growing exponentially, just like all fat and happy populations do.

Why did they do that? Please explain. You're going off on a tangent.

Comment

Why did they do that? Please explain. You're going off on a tangent.
                              No, he didn't go off on a tangent. Depending on what political party you support, you either accept, or you complain about illegal immigrants. Also, depending on what political party you support, you either accept or complain about outsourcing jobs. It's the same thing. Well, actually, it's not. Illegal immigration accounts for far more jobs lost than outsourcing, and with illegal immigration, we are also strapped with the social costs. Illegal immigrants keep some money here, but more than 60% of the income is sent back home. That is why you find so many Western Union locations in Mexican and Latin American communities.

Me, I just understand that all the bitching is nothing more than political posturing and live with both.

And I nailed your mom.

Comment

Here, the money is less than before the recession, but $22 billion? Back to Mexico? You don't have a problem with that, yet you birch about job outsourcing?

Comment

Working...
                                X