Movie theater remodel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie theater remodel

I know this won't interest most you, but the Hutch theater is finally going to be remodeled. A few interesting tidbits:

- All seats are being replaced with electric, leather recliners, which will result in a 50%-60% loss of seating capacity. Which really shouldn't be an issue.
    - Self-serve soda fountain with free unlimited refills
    - Beer and wine will be served
    - Ticket prices will remain the same.

Wow, I would actually drive to Hutch for a movie for that! Plus I could stop at Bogey's while I'm there. :)

Comment

The self serve is a great idea.however, I would have taken Warren's model and have them take to the counter. Jobs and stuff

Comment

Though it won't have the soda refills, I believe the east Warren is going to remodel some of their theaters there to ones with nicer seating. Not sure if it is the full on recliner like that, though! Very nice for Hutch for a great movie setup!
        Last edited by ShockBand; January 29, 2016, 04:10 PM.
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Slick setup!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
            Though it won't have the soda refills, I believe the east Warren is going to remodel some of their theaters there to ones with nicer seating. Not sure if it is the full on recliner like that, though! Very nice for Hutch for a great movie setup!
            Personally I dont think its worth the price althought it was super nice but the DT Warren has them in the Director Suites.

Comment

B&B recently did this in Dodge City and the reviews are very good. With the West Warren relatively close, the Hutch theater (which used to be Dickinson, who only performed minimal improvements) has been steadily losing business. This will hopefully, for Hutch's sake, keep some entertainment dollars from leaving town. I've been to a couple of movies here in recent years with less than 10 people, and rarely more than 1/3rd full. Of course, I usually go to the matinee to save a few bucks.

Comment

So I am sitting in a theater reading this. Irony! Kung Fu Panda 3!!
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I'm old school, I don't like the recliners, full service bar and dinner menu, on and on, they are too bright as well. You can't find a dark corner to make out in, you feel bad about sneaking in beer and when I recline in those seats, I fall asleep and miss the movie.
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Will the sound be good? Many smaller theatres don't have the sound and many movies will make the speakers buzz.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                      Will the sound be good? Many smaller theatres don't have the sound and many movies will make the speakers buzz.
                      That should go perfect with my alcohol induced buzz.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                        I haven't had any issues with the sound when I've been there. As for size of the individual theaters, here's a pic from today after beginning seat removal:

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          I haven't had any issues with the sound when I've been there. As for size of the individual theaters, here's a pic from today after beginning seat removal:

Mmm! Sticky floor popcorn!
                          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

I have a 7.2 surround system with Klipsch Refernce speakers and a 10' HD projection screen. Whenever we go to the Warren to watch an action film I turn to my wife and whisper, "mine sounds better." She politely smiles. We took the kids to see the new Star Wars in Hutdh (we saw it on opening night at the Warren). During the opening scene she leaned over and said, "yours is better than this one."
                            Livin the dream

Comment

She was still talking about the sound system right?

Comment

Working...
                              X