Mine Run 5K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine Run 5K

I know we have some runners here, so I thought I'd pass this unique opportunity along. There will be a Mine Run 5K at Strataca (underground salt mine) in Hutch on Feb 20. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to do it, but I'm tempted.

Der Merkerser Kristallmarathon ist ein echter Exot unter den Sportevents in Deutschland. Das besondere Event findet komplett unter Tage statt.

Here's one for you after your 5k.
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post

Der Merkerser Kristallmarathon ist ein echter Exot unter den Sportevents in Deutschland. Das besondere Event findet komplett unter Tage statt.

Here's one for you after your 5k.
      Is that a full underground marathon?

Maybe after I run my first full, which may or may not happen.

Comment

It is, it is in a mine 1/2 underground in an extensive mine system that is centuries old.
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

At first I thought it said "MIME" marathon and thought that would be interesting where they just stood in place and mimed running.

Comment

Ran this with my son this morning. It's definitely a different experience, running in total darkness with a bicycle helmet and headlamp.

Comment

I could do a marathon ON a bicycle that had a headlamp.

Comment

This person ran it with a GoPro. The video recaps the start and end of the run.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  This person ran it with a GoPro. The video recaps the start and end of the run.

Sucks to be the person in the front! LOL
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Sucks to be the person in the front! LOL
                    In our heat, that was my son (in his first race). About half-way into it I couldn't keep up with him anymore. It wasn't long after he pulled ahead I completely lost sight of his light. There was someone hanging 40-50 yards (best guess) behind me for most of the last half of the race.

The air was fairly thin (45% humidity), so my time wasn't as good as I thought it would be. And you really had to be careful on the uneven surface. The headlamp doesn't illuminate enough to see the unevenness. It's more tiring than you might think. I felt like I was putting in the same amount of effort as running a hilly course.

Comment

Working...
                    X