No announcement yet.

Making a Murderer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steven Avery, the subject of the Netflix docuseries 'Making a Murderer', has fingered four possible suspects in the killing of Teresa Halbach. Here’s the evidence he presented.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
      I don't know if he did it or not, but there sure seemed like enough reasonable doubt not to convict him or Brenden. That said, documentaries are designed to be contrarian and a little biased to create discussion, so I wonder if there was more evidence against Steven that wasn't in the episodes.

I think the most alarming thing about the whole ordeal was how blatant the difference between public defenders that Brenden had to use, and what money can buy. The way Brenden's public defender handled the case was atrocious and almost seems like criminal negligence. It was pretty eye opening how disadvantaged socioeconomically and/or intelligence challenged people are within the justice system.
      This is the whole motivation that got Koch involved in trying to get legislation to clean up the judicial system.

Comment

You get all the justice you can afford, often less.

I am blessed to have one wife, 24 years, no divorces. You want to see a real shame, look no further than the corruption of divorce court.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Watch the documentary "Divorce Corp." on Netflix.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

There was additional evidence not presented that favored the prosecution. I don't think it was overwhelmingly beyond the evidence already presented, but under the right presentation may have been enough to convict. Non-Blood DNA from Steve Avery under the hood; He purchased ropes and cuffs a couple of weeks before the murder, Theresa had told her boss that she didn't want to go out to the Avery property anymore because she was being harassed, Brenden's clothes were ruined with Bleach the night of the murder. Those are the things I'm aware of that make you pretty darn suspicious. I don't think any of those things are more overwhelming than the fact that Steve was the last person to see her alive and that her vehicle and remains were found on his property.
            Livin the dream

Comment

“I am learning the Avery family history and about each member of the Avery family,” wrote investigator Michael O’Kelly in an email to his employer Len Kachinsky, who served as Brendan Dassey’s first defense attorney (Kachinsky was subsequently decertified by the state public defender’s office from taking homicide cases following news of his actions in the Dassey case).

“These are criminals,” the email continued. “There are members engaged in sexual activity with nieces, nephews, cousins, in-laws. … These people are pure evil. A friend of mine suggested, ‘This is a one-branch family tree. Cut this tree down. We need to end the gene pool here.’”

Comment

Under Arrest. Great Netflix entertainment! It's like Cops, but in Canada. I think these are old reruns from the 80's and early 90's. I strongly recommend Under Arrest.

Comment

Canadians, they yell and cuss at the cops, call the cops names, then apologize. Every perp is hammered drunk. Great entertainment.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post

Comment

Working...
                      X