Making a Murderer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a Murderer

Has anyone else watched Making a Murderer? It's crazy.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Watched all 10 episodes in 3 days. Unbelievable story.

Comment

I watched the whole thing over Christmas. The last few episodes got long and redundant. I don't think I could have voted to convict if I were on the jury. Not sure he was framed. Positive the nephew had nothing to do with anything.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Good stuff. I couldn't stop watching. I felt really bad for Brendan.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
          Good stuff. I couldn't stop watching.
          Same here; kinda like watching Forensic Files... just not enough conclusive evidence in this murder case. I read where Steven Avery now claims his 2 brothers may have committed the murder and framed him. He said they have motive. He's a screwball, but I'm not sure he did it. The Wisconsin accent sure adds some flavor to the saga.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Steven is not a good guy. Not sure what to think about who did it, but that police force is definitely not on the up and up.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Here's what I don't get. Steven is so dumb he leaves the car on his land. He also leaves the keys in his bedroom, out in the open, which the police missed on several searches, yet he is brilliant enough to leave no other trace of evidence in his house. He then shoots the girl in the garage, dismembers her and the only thing police can find is a slug on the floor months later. No blood. In a filthy garage, a woman was shot and dismembered, yet no blood. None. Oh, and then he leaves bones in the fire pit.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                Here's what I don't get. Steven is so dumb he leaves the car on his land. He also leaves the keys in his bedroom, out in the open, which the police missed on several searches, yet he is brilliant enough to leave no other trace of evidence in his house. He then shoots the girl in the garage, dismembers her and the only thing police can find is a slug on the floor months later. No blood. In a filthy garage, a woman was shot and dismembered, yet no blood. None. Oh, and then he leaves bones in the fire pit.
                Pretty much covered my thoughts; who framed Steven Avery?
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                  Pretty much covered my thoughts; who framed Steven Avery?
                  The police. Who killed Theresa?
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    The police. Who killed Theresa?
                    The police.

Comment

Specifically, one bad cop.

Comment

I am friends with two habeas corpus attorneys who do the death sentence appellate process throughout the midwest & great plains. The stories that these guys tell will make your skin crawl. Of course both of these gentlemen will tell you that almost all, but not all, of the people they have represented are bad people with criminal history. The both say that the reason they fight for the guilty is that often times they believe the real killer is still loose and that cops and/or DAs go with the apparent path of least resistance in obtaining a conviction or political expediency. Often to the point of unethical and even criminal behavior.

I guess that I am naive as I am utterly mystified at such behavior.
                        Last edited by DUShock; January 11, 2016, 09:16 AM.
                        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

One thing I felt the first time I saw him was that Theresa's brother had a bad vibe about him. He had to be hiding something.
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I don't know if he did it or not, but there sure seemed like enough reasonable doubt not to convict him or Brenden. That said, documentaries are designed to be contrarian and a little biased to create discussion, so I wonder if there was more evidence against Steven that wasn't in the episodes.

I think the most alarming thing about the whole ordeal was how blatant the difference between public defenders that Brenden had to use, and what money can buy. The way Brenden's public defender handled the case was atrocious and almost seems like criminal negligence. It was pretty eye opening how disadvantaged socioeconomically and/or intelligence challenged people are within the justice system.

Comment

The guy representing the nephew was a slime ball. The nephew should have won his appeal based on the terrible representation he received. I couldn't believe his own team was aiding the prosecution. The whole thing was bad police work whether it was a frame job or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X