RIP Meadowlark Lemon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Meadowlark Lemon

First game I saw at Levitt was the Harlem Globetrotters with Meadowlark Lemon in the mid 70's. Great showman.....passed away today at 83.

Rip. :(
    Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
    Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

An amazing entertainer. I think you'd be hard pressed to find people in my age bracket 45-60ish that didn't know and watched at least once him play.

RIP Meadowlark.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        An amazing entertainer. I think you'd be hard pressed to find people in my age bracket 45-60ish that didn't know and watched at least once him play.

RIP Meadowlark.
        I can still "hear" his unique voice screaming at the opposing player as he was about to shoot "How DO you FEEL?"
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Watching the Globetrotters play was alway a thrill and Meadowlark Lemon was especially skilled both as a BB player and an entertainer.

Comment

"I want you to always remember that life’s most meaningless statistic is the half time score," Lemon said on his website, "and as far as I’m concerned it’s always half-time."

Comment

Lemon was inducted into both the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame and the International Clown Hall of Fame. That is a rare double.

Lemon covered nearly 4 million miles to play in over 100 countries and in front of popes and presidents, kings and queens. Known as the "Clown Prince of Basketball," he averaged 325 games per year during his prime, that luminous smile never dimming.

Comment

Incredible guy! RIP

Comment

Working...
                X