Well, did you feel it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, did you feel it?

A 4.7 quake in northern Oklahoma at 1:42am. Violently shook the bed and made this incredible roar outside for a few seconds. Absolutely nuts.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    A 4.7 quake in northern Oklahoma at 1:42am. Violently shook the bed and made this incredible roar outside for a few seconds. Absolutely nuts.

Yup! The wife and I shot out of bed trying to figure out what was up. If it had been a few hours earlier I wouldn't have had to throw a quarter in the bed's coin box!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Yes. It's the first one I've felt in Buhler. Glad I was awake or I would have probably slept through it.

Comment

Well, looks like the earthquake was felt as far east as Peculiar, Mo. Peggy's Uncle Debbert phoned and gave me the scoop. He said that when the bed started jumpin around, it woke up Veranda Mae and then he woke up when she started screamin out somebody else's name.............

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          Yup! The wife and I shot out of bed trying to figure out what was up. If it had been a few hours earlier I wouldn't have had to throw a quarter in the bed's coin box!
          and you probably wouldn't have had to ask if she felt that.

Comment

Seriously though that was a heck of a tremor and sound. I used to think I was glad I lived in Kansas because most tornadoes you get some warning whereas in California you get no warning of an earthquake. Now we have both.

Comment

It was the most intense powerful one yet. I used those same words to my wife with a wink...she laughed for quite some time. A little too long actually.

Comment

I thought the noise was a big gust of wind until the bed started moving. Made me actually think about getting quake insurance.
                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Snownadoquake!

This is the first one that woke me and the Mrs. up, though. I've slept through all the overnight ones prior to this. Rattled the house pretty good in SE Wichita, and lasted 10-15 seconds of distinct shaking.
                  Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I felt and heard nothing.
                    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Yep woke me up with the vibration, in my half awake state I can't recall if the noise was the ground or stuff shaking on the walls. I woke up on the one a couple weeks ago, too, but this one was definitely stronger than that. That one I was like "did I just feel an earthquake? Nah, couldn't be" but this one I knew.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                        Please post the name and number of the firm that built your home.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                          Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          Please post the name and number of the firm that built your home.
                          My wife and I didn't feel or hear anything either. What's more amazing is that our dog, who always is "on duty", sleeps in the bedroom and didn't make a peep (well, she never makes just a peep, so you get the idea).

Comment

It woke me up about 1:43 a.m. In what other state would a blizzard, tornadoes, and an earthquake occur in the space of 3 days?

Comment

Yep, strongest one I have experienced to date. Not a warm and fuzzy feeling for sure. I was awake in my basement but it did wake my wife up.

Comment

Working...
                              X