Lawrence is the drunkest city in Kansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawrence is the drunkest city in Kansas

Maybe this explains some of the delusions that after taking a direct beating and finishing 3 seasons in a row behind WSU, the beaker fans still think they're still the best team in Kansas.

"You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Hee hee

Thinking their football program plays into this too.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Or maybe the fact that there are two main "party schools" in Kansas and one of them happens to be in Lawrence.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
        Or maybe the fact that there are two main "party schools" in Kansas and one of them happens to be in Lawrence.
        Man, you just can never let anything go cynically up northeast, can you?

Be safe up there at the game tonight.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

There's a whole bunch of opportunity there we should probably pass on. Just sayin'.

Comment

Don't be so defensive Kel. I didn't insult your mother or anything (unless....). I didn't even say WHY they are the drunkest (which I'm sure what you said is at least partially responsible). I only said what BEING the drunkest causes. So quick to defend anything KU related.
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
              What's the other one? Pitt State or K-State perhaps? If so neither compare to the rep KU has. It is not a new rep, and it is well-known nationally. KU has been a notorious party school for generations.

Comment

I thought the other was Ft. Hays State.

Lawrence also generates a lot of revenue from their non-criminal prosecution of pot possession. No crimoinal record, just a big, old fine. The fine is pretty "blunt".
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Emporia State is the only school where when you pass out drunk you wake up surrounded by naked Asians in the house of a Saudi. It happened to a friend of mine... twice.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                  X