Just how Big is a TRILLION?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just how Big is a TRILLION?

Our politicians toss around the words TRILLION and TRILLIONS and most of us know it is large. But, in many cases we do not fully grasp just how immensely huge an amount one TRILLION is and cannot come close to grasping what $20 TRILLION means.

Lets look at the debt of the United States which is at the present time is $18.2 TRILLION and soon will be raised to $20 TRILLION. Unfortunately, it does not stop there. It will have to be raised $2+ TRILLION approximately every 2 1/2 years until we completely go belly up somewhere in the not too distant future.

So just how big is a TRILLION?

1. One TRILLION seconds = 31,709 YEARS and we still lived in caves

2. $18.2 TRILLION $1 bills stacked on top of each other = 1.2 MILLION miles high

I got these numbers from a Florida U professor and hope they are accurate.

Ben Carson had a speech on this a few years ago. Let me see if I can find it.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

The whole thing is great if you have 30 minutes. Otherwise it's at the 18:00 mark.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Dr. Carson's terrifically aimed dig at the Prez concerning what the American Flag symbolizes to America and Americans was absolutely beautiful.

Wonder how many Americans missed it?
        Last edited by 60Shock; October 27, 2015, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X