Current Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Movies

I'll start this out and see if it catches on. I go through periods of seeing a few movies and then don't for sometime. But since I purchased a pass at our downtown somewhat artsy movie place it will be one of my hobbies for a while. Don't expect regular reviews from me. Go to Rotten Tomatoes or IMDb for that.

Sleeping with Other People

Just got back from this one. A very adult, romantic comedy that made me laugh out loud several times. I got the feeling I liked it more than others. Guess I like sex jokes. Must of been my mood but I enjoyed this show the most out of the 15 or so I've see in the last month. I do like the romantic comedy genre but the very adult angle of it made it special. Don't bring the kids.

Steve Jobs: Man in the Machine

Saw this one a few days ago. I still don't understand the question raised in the movie, why all the tears for Steve Forbes? I like documentaries, so it was OK.
    PS. I'm a android guy.

Pawn Sacrifice

This show was mentioned in the chess thread. Didn't read the book, but did know Fischer had a difficult life. Was he really that bad off when he won the championship? I play some chess, but I think the show might be worth the money for non players also.

The Visit

Heard this "found tapes" horror suspense had some laughs. Let me put it this way, it was a funny little movie. Disappointing.

Up next for me is probably The Walk. Saw the preview today and got tingly hands. I don't like heights. What do you think of the shows you've just seen?
    Last edited by tropicalshox; October 8, 2015, 07:22 PM.
    In the fast lane

Sicario was great. Very, very tense in certain scenes. Would never want to be a drug agent.

Comment

The Walk:

Sweaty palms and exhilaration all at once. A must see drama about Philippe Petit's high wire walk between the World Trade Center Towers. A favorite movie moment, Jeff's reaction at the beginning of the walk. What in the world is wrong with the 15 percent who gave this flick a thumbs down?? Don't miss this one.
      In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
        Sicario was great. Very, very tense in certain scenes. Would never want to be a drug agent.
        Loved Sicario. I grew up in El Paso during that era & never ventured to Juarez. Deakins is a master cinematographer as well.

What about TV? IMO, tv is slaying films right now. Mr. Robot is all I have to add.

Comment

Phoenix is a drama that will not be seen by many since it's German with subtitles. Too bad because it's darn good. Just about a guaranteed "that a way" smile at the end.
          In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by Robant15 View Post
            Loved Sicario. I grew up in El Paso during that era & never ventured to Juarez. Deakins is a master cinematographer as well.

What about TV? IMO, tv is slaying films right now. Mr. Robot is all I have to add.
            So are you telling me you can't have fun in Juarez like I did in the 60s?
            In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
              So are you telling me you can't have fun in Juarez like I did in the 60s?
              Hahaha. I'd want nothing to do w/ Juarez this day & age.

Comment

I saw The Martian yesterday. I thought it was pretty good, although when it comes to movies I'm easily entertained and could be considered an "anti-critic".

Comment

Saw the Intern a couple of weeks ago and it was a just enjoy the movie and Robert De Niro. Kept waiting for the De Niro character to take charge but never did. Still a fun movie with some pretty good laughs. Going to see Bridge of Spies tonight.

Comment

Black Mass wasn't an entertaining film. Although a drama, it served the purpose of a documentary. Gave me all I wanted to know about James "Whitey" Bulger, 70s and 80s mobs and the FBI in Boston. So, glad I saw it. A lot of violence.
                    Last edited by tropicalshox; October 22, 2015, 06:16 AM.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                      Saw the Intern a couple of weeks ago and it was a just enjoy the movie and Robert De Niro. Kept waiting for the De Niro character to take charge but never did. Still a fun movie with some pretty good laughs. Going to see Bridge of Spies tonight.
                      Let me know your choice - Intern or Bridge of Spies. Those are my next two choices.

Comment

Anybody else excited for Star Wars?
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Not here.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

Unfortunately Scaraio is probably pretty realistic. It's well done and points out a very sad state of affairs for everybody. Probably should get some Oscars.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                              Anybody else excited for Star Wars?
                              I am!
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                              X