END OF KISS CAM - at least at Syracuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• END OF KISS CAM - at least at Syracuse

Syracuse University pulls 'kiss cam' after complaint about forced affection.

Syracuse University is considering kissing its kiss cam goodbye after a fan suggested it sends the wrong message at a time when colleges are fighting against campus sexual violence.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/23...ced-affection/

Personally I'm not a fan of the Kiss Cam just because I think it's pointless.

The one thing I'd like to bring up though with the "cam" aspect of timeout promotions, why do a promotion where a goal for a few laughs is to make fun of someone. Last season I think it was, they were doing the Sports Clip thing where they do the best hair. They showed a man with a bald head, and an elderly woman with somewhat of a beehive. Ok, I'm sorry, the whole intent of showing those FANS is to get a laugh at their expense, that's horseshit. Sports Clips is a barber shop that caters to men and the winner gets a free hair cut. So why in the world would you show a man with no hair to cut, and a woman who obviously took pride in her hair as it was done to the 9's. She's probably the lady who goes to the beauty shop every week. She will never go to a sports clips, and that's not their clientele. When I saw that, and heard the laughs, the only thing I could think of was what if that was my Grandma? I'd be so upset if some clown on a camera felt like making my Grandma the butt end of a joke. So again, why would you have a promotion that is going to shame fans who paid money to watch a basketball game just for a few laughs.

It's mean, and it's just dumb from every angle.

/endrant
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

And you just wait. It won't be long before they put two girls or two guys up there and all heck breaks loose. That's coming soon, too.

Or if not, the complaints that the kiss cam never has two girls or two guys will begin to surface like it's discriminatory.

Maybe getting rid of it before it turns into a political correctness issue wouldn't be so bad.

Comment

I agree with Kia.....and would like to add.

personally I think they should quit selling pop - there is somebody always above or next to me that spills their pop and then we are flooded in a sticky morass. Plus it is fattening. Just water in biodegradable cups.

Then my wife is allergic to dogs - so please no "dogs at halftime".

And for those who suffer peanut allergies - they should be more sensitive and safety conscious and not sell peanuts.

The "quick change show" has to go - what if there is wardrobe malfunction. This is family event.

WSU has big international student population - really need to quit singing the National Anthem. We could be offending them - either that we should make a mashup of all the countries national anthems represented at the university.

Why only limited handouts of trinkets at the door for the first x-amount? Haven't they heard the saying - if you don't have enough for everybody then don't give....

Comment

well this thread sure turned stupid before it even started.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
            Or if not, the complaints that the kiss cam never has two girls or two guys will begin to surface like it's discriminatory.

Maybe getting rid of it before it turns into a political correctness issue wouldn't be so bad.
            I have thought of this exact scenario, before. It wouldn't surprise me at all if it became an issue.

Comment

Love the Kiss cam!

IMG_7373-624x425.jpg
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

My wife would sure like to see them end the Koch Kiss Cam. She says she is getting too old to keep hiding under her seat.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  My wife would sure like to see them end the Koch Kiss Cam. She says she is getting too old to keep hiding under her seat.
                  Why is she scared of Kiss? I know Gene Simmons spits blood and calls himself the demon, but Kiss really isn't scary. They are a lot of fun- young or old, your wife shouldn't be scared.
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

As long as we can keep the air guitar cam, I'm good.

Comment

The Kiss cam is funny in that usually the guy is oblivious, any of them that makes the people the butt of a joke should go, but the ones that show how to dress inappropriately as in a different schools colors/logo is gold unless it is a kid. Adults are fair game

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I was at a Royals game a few years ago when they did the kiss cam. As soon as the camera went to a younger couple, the guy put the girl's head down into his lap. I heard some laughter and some gasps when they immediately went away from them.

Comment

I just came here to say I would have no complaints if they showed two cute female coeds kissing.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                            Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Working...
                            X