Parking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking

I happened to be going by campus a few minutes ago after a doctor's appointment, and seeing that it was around 9:15, the time numbers should be pushing up as the 9:30 MWF classes get going, I decided to drive around campus to check out the parking situation.

Plenty of spaces. Not in the close lots south of the RSC and that area nor by the softball stadium (which may be all staff parking now, I'm not sure). But over in the big lot by the baseball stadium? Plenty of spots. NW corner of campus by Koch Arena? Plenty of spaces. The smaller lots south of 17th? Several spaces, though it appeared some of it was blocked off for something, perhaps school bus parking for some kind of event.

I don't have time to swing by again around 10:30, but based on this one anecdotal experience, parking spaces exist on the main campus, one would just have to either walk or use the shuttle bus.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
    I happened to be going by campus a few minutes ago after a doctor's appointment, and seeing that it was around 9:15, the time numbers should be pushing up as the 9:30 MWF classes get going, I decided to drive around campus to check out the parking situation.

Plenty of spaces. Not in the close lots south of the RSC and that area nor by the softball stadium (which may be all staff parking now, I'm not sure). But over in the big lot by the baseball stadium? Plenty of spots. NW corner of campus by Koch Arena? Plenty of spaces. The smaller lots south of 17th? Several spaces, though it appeared some of it was blocked off for something, perhaps school bus parking for some kind of event.

I don't have time to swing by again around 10:30, but based on this one anecdotal experience, parking spaces exist on the main campus, one would just have to either walk or use the shuttle bus.
    Not good enough. I would have to walk by AT LEAST two buildings and possibly *shudder* cross the perimeter drive _on foot_ to get to class. Those curbs are aggressive, and let's be honest, exhausting. Unacceptable. #firebardo
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I was at Wichita State 2-3 years ago when parking was free and I never had a problem finding a spot on campus. Bunch of crybabies all over the place and I get irrationally angry every time I see people complain. Not to offend any non-traditionals here, but they're the biggest whiners of them all because they can't get off work and find a spot 30 steps away.

Comment

Sounds like the downtown arena complaints. People in Wichita just don't like to walk.
        Last edited by KraRam; September 16, 2015, 01:43 PM.

Comment

So like has been said umpteen times by others on this "problem," it is a walking problem, not a parking problem.

I parked out in the boonies during my time at WSU (don't like door dings) and I always used to get a kick out of walking through the high demand lots on my way to and fro. Seeing the frustration of the parking spot stalkers when they realized they had just followed someone from one end of the lot to the other just to see them keep walking.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
            So like has been said umpteen times by others on this "problem," it is a walking problem, not a parking problem.

I parked out in the boonies during my time at WSU (don't like door dings) and I always used to get a kick out of walking through the high demand lots on my way to and fro. Seeing the frustration of the parking spot stalkers when they realized they had just followed someone from one end of the lot to the other just to see them keep walking.
            You mean that method didn't work for somebody else, either?
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Since I commuted in, my lunch was usually in a cooler in my car. The vultures would follow me to my spot. I would get in, eat my lunch, and head back to my next class, never starting my car. They hated that.

Comment

I normally got to campus early enough each day to practice, so I always had pretty good parking spots near Duerksen FAC. When I went out to my car to leave, if I had a vulture following me, I would walk to the spot but one aisle over, then cut across so they would usually lose the spot to another vulture. Great fun.

Since I no longer have a parking pass for basketball games, I just park somewhere on the south side lots and enjoy a leisurely stroll across campus, going through the RSC if I feel like it or if it is nasty windy and cold.
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                  I normally got to campus early enough each day to practice, so I always had pretty good parking spots near Duerksen FAC. When I went out to my car to leave, if I had a vulture following me, I would walk to the spot but one aisle over, then cut across so they would usually lose the spot to another vulture. Great fun.

Since I no longer have a parking pass for basketball games, I just park somewhere on the south side lots and enjoy a leisurely stroll across campus, going through the RSC if I feel like it or if it is nasty windy and cold.
                  It was you!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                  X