Hats off to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hats off to...

The KState Marching Band for their ability to piss off Beaker fans everywhere

What did they do?
    Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
    Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Wow.
      Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
      Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

http://www.kwch.com/news/local-news/kstate-marching-band-halftime-performance/35131334

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

That's amazing
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
          Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Little bro syndrome on full display there. I didn't laugh, I find it pretty pathetic and that's what leads to their douche fans taking cheap shots on our players when they beat us in basketball as well as their white trash fans having to sign a sportsmanship clause.
            love this.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Stay classy KState.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

The KU culture - administration, alumni, students, fans - treats everyone else like dirt under foot, and yet is befuddled and confusedly offended when others react in like-kind. It is like they all fail to understand the elementary concept that action begets reaction. There is an alternate reality where KU is self-entitled to talk ish ad nauseam on whomever they please, but OMG don't say anything or do anything in response. No, you should instead kiss their feet and thank them for being allowed to breathe the same air.

Beaker sucking a dong in front of 50,000 people didn't just come about in a vacuum of meany-headedness on K-State's part. Eventually the hollow schoolyard bully gets his comeuppance. WSU distributed theirs' back in March; K-State fired their first volley yesterday, and will likely continue the thought with an exclamation point in a couple of months @Lawrence.
                Last edited by SHOCKvalue; September 6, 2015, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Thats a lot of players on the field. Wasn't this Band Alumni Weekend?

Comment

I hate to do this, but I gotta chime in. Anyone in the band, who used to be in the band, or parents of kids in the band, quit reading now. I'm not apologizing.

Are they gone? Okay.

Who really cares what the band did, really? The band is lame. Watching the band is like watching Jerry Springer, when your life seems pathetic, just take in a little marching band, in a sad way, you'll feel a whole lot better about your lot in life. As bad as it is, you ain't marching around with greasy hair playing a clarinet. So, the band did something, not many people know, afterall, if a tree falls in the woods... At halftime, most people leave. Either to hit the tailgate for two quick shotgunned beers, or the bathroom, or to get a hotdog. The band filmed and posted the drill, they watch themselves because nobody else does. Yup, normal people aren't in the stadium. The few left are on their smartphones checking emails, texts or calling friends. A total of six or seven people saw what was done. Big deal!

The band is made up of poindexters that can't get laid, and the ones getting laid are dating the fat chicks who are carrying the flags. That is why when the band leaves the field, a crew has to inspect and repair the field from flag team hoof damage. When I was in college, once in a while, bands will throw parties, you can tell because the air smells of fuzzy navel wine coolers, Clearasil and lonliness.

The band notwithstanding, it really seems insecure to feel you need to insult the other school during a halftime show. Kansas State just proved how little they are. And as for the Jayhawks, if they really were who they thought they were, rather than be insulted, they would act like big brother, and go on as if nothing happened. Both programs lost on this escapade. It wasn't funny, it was stupid. And Jayhawk fan got pissed. Everybody loses!

Back to the band, more Star Wars, Star Trek or whatever sci-fi crap they played? Really? Lame. These zit popping nerds must really think Spock is cool. I wish they would, just once, pretend like they have a shot at getting laid. Aw forget it.

Carry on.
                    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                      I hate to do this, but I gotta chime in. Anyone in the band, who used to be in the band, or parents of kids in the band, quit reading now. I'm not apologizing.

Are they gone? Okay.

Who really cares what the band did, really? The band is lame. Watching the band is like watching Jerry Springer, when your life seems pathetic, just take in a little marching band, in a sad way, you'll feel a whole lot better about your lot in life. As bad as it is, you ain't marching around with greasy hair playing a clarinet. So, the band did something, not many people know, afterall, if a tree falls in the woods... At halftime, most people leave. Either to hit the tailgate for two quick shotgunned beers, or the bathroom, or to get a hotdog. The band filmed and posted the drill, they watch themselves because nobody else does. Yup, normal people aren't in the stadium. The few left are on their smartphones checking emails, texts or calling friends. A total of six or seven people saw what was done. Big deal!

The band is made up of poindexters that can't get laid, and the ones getting laid are dating the fat chicks who are carrying the flags. That is why when the band leaves the field, a crew has to inspect and repair the field from flag team hoof damage. When I was in college, once in a while, bands will throw parties, you can tell because the air smells of fuzzy navel wine coolers, Clearasil and lonliness.

The band notwithstanding, it really seems insecure to feel you need to insult the other school during a halftime show. Kansas State just proved how little they are. And as for the Jayhawks, if they really were who they thought they were, rather than be insulted, they would act like big brother, and go on as if nothing happened. Both programs lost on this escapade. It wasn't funny, it was stupid. And Jayhawk fan got pissed. Everybody loses!

Back to the band, more Star Wars, Star Trek or whatever sci-fi crap they played? Really? Lame. These zit popping nerds must really think Spock is cool. I wish they would, just once, pretend like they have a shot at getting laid. Aw forget it.

Carry on.
                      Hey didn't you watch the movie Drumline?

Let's look at it this way: As a band member, their chances to get laid may not be any higher ever in the history of college bands than it was Saturday night. They were folk heroes amongst the natives in Aggieville whether it was intentional or not.

If it was intentional someone will confess soon enough.

Comment

Not ALL band kids are geeks with no game. I'll give you that many are, but some band kids are just really talented, smart, good looking...saxophone players...at least one of us is...

Comment

I thought it was a bit if a stretch to see a felicitating Jayhawk but what the heck, it's peeved some Beakers, so well done Staters. :good:
                          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                            Not ALL band kids are geeks with no game. I'll give you that many are, but some band kids are just really talented, smart, good looking...saxophone players...at least one of us is...
                            Cough nobody cares about the saxes cough

It's all in the trumpets baby.

I dunno. ESU marching band was like a perpetual orgy, I can tell you that. I didn't partake ( I hade a dime on the side. Frat bonuses) and I wasn't in marching band but it made for some funny stories. I've never laughed so much in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                              I dunno. ESU marching band was like a perpetual orgy, I can tell you that. I didn't partake ( I hade a dime on the side. Frat bonuses) and I wasn't in marching band but it made for some funny stories. I've never laughed so much in my life.
                              "ESU", "marching band", "orgy". Wait a minute! @MoValley John: was talking about heterosexual sex -- this doesn't count!
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                              X