Homicide @ WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    Whaaaaat? I got nervous LOT'S of times while living on or near the WSU campus. For example, I had some serious pucker factor while scaling up the wall to get to the ceiling of Wilner Auditorium. Oh and then there was the time the two chicks I was dating showed up at the same party . . .
    Oh and I also got nervous that time Matt Braeuer got his 3rd concussion. I was as nervous as a cow patty in the hot Texas sun. You could hear your own heart beating that place got so quiet.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Posted the suspects and both are in jail already and were aquintances of the kid killed. Sounds like a drug deal to me .

Comment

If you want to invitew someone into your gated facility, you might want to check out their Facebook page first.

Here's a link to the page of the male suspect.

Isaiah Copridge is on Facebook. Join Facebook to connect with Isaiah Copridge and others you may know. Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          I thought I had heard something about lower pot penalties in Lawrence, so I did some digging and found some surprises.

Lawrence passed a city ordinance in 2005 that made marijuana possession a fine in city court rather than a crime in district court. Wichita passed a very similar ordinance (based on the results of a vote) and immediately got challenged in court. How come Lawrence can do that, but Wichita can't?

Probably because the legislators have kids going to KU and don't want them in jail, while Wichita falls victim to more religion based motives and fewer(legilslator) kids at school. Additionally, the mentality in the KC area is more pragmatic. You can generate a butt load of dollars on all those tickets with very little overhead. Same mentality applies to traffic tickets in Joco. It is extremely easy to plea bargain speeding tickets to non-moving violations by simply paying 2-3 times the fine for a speeding ticket (no attorney required). It's a real gold mine with Joco drivers, just like the pot smokers at KU....Legalized extortion, but a win-win for everyone... :congratulatory:
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            I thought I had heard something about lower pot penalties in Lawrence, so I did some digging and found some surprises.

Lawrence passed a city ordinance in 2005 that made marijuana possession a fine in city court rather than a crime in district court. Wichita passed a very similar ordinance (based on the results of a vote) and immediately got challenged in court. How come Lawrence can do that, but Wichita can't?

Then there's another kicker. Citations for marijuana possession have gone up 580% in Lawrence since the reduced penalties were enacted. One thought for that is that it only takes law enforcement 10 minutes to write a marijuana citation and it doesn't create in irreparable criminal mark on the person getting the ticket. It took around 4 hours to do the paperwork for a criminal arrest, and it cause some kid to have a criminal record. Oddly enough, reduced penalties for marijuana possession seem to lead to a higher incidence of prosecution.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2013/se...h-aclu-points/
            I would not say that pot smoking at KU is significantly higher than at other state universities (looking at you Fort Hays State) but with reduced penalties it's just a money grab.

Lawrence is the most corrupt town I have been in. If anyone wants to hear about election bribery, under the counter payments for illegal sale of alcohol to minors, and laundry list of other please PM me
            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
              Probably because the legislators have kids going to KU and don't want them in jail, while Wichita falls victim to more religion based motives and fewer(legilslator) kids at school. Additionally, the mentality in the KC area is more pragmatic. You can generate a butt load of dollars on all those tickets with very little overhead. Same mentality applies to traffic tickets in Joco. It is extremely easy to plea bargain speeding tickets to non-moving violations by simply paying 2-3 times the fine for a speeding ticket (no attorney required). It's a real gold mine with Joco drivers, just like the pot smokers at KU....Legalized extortion, but a win-win for everyone... :congratulatory:

Also this.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

This all reminds me of a student from Lebanon who attended WSU when I was going there - and a few years after. He was a very long-term student. In addition to being a student, he apparently had an import business. He was bringing in hash from the Middle East.

He was getting arrested 2 or 3 times a year, but his father was the diplomat from Lebanon to the US. He (the son - not the father) would spend a few days in jail and then be released on diplomatic immunity. Within a couple of weeks he'd be resupplied and in business until his next arrest.

The police were so accustomed to breaking in his door that they even did it after he moved out of town. Some friends of mine were living there then. The police took all 6 residents of the house to jail when they found less than 1/4 ounce of pot there. That was when Vern Miller was Sheriff.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

so anybody hear anything else on why he was killed?
                  Still feel like a drug deal or something money related, why else would they be there and kill him?

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                    Lawrence is the most corrupt town I have been in. If anyone wants to hear about election bribery, under the counter payments for illegal sale of alcohol to minors, and laundry list of other please PM me
                    Say it isn't true; a shining star of liberal utopia that at it's root is actually severely corrupt. That has never happened.

Comment

Working...
                    X