Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wichita State Night at the K...WSU Tickets are SOLD OUT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita State Night at the K...WSU Tickets are SOLD OUT!

Didn't want to continue in the KU thread...

Just off the phone with the ticket office, as the link was giving me what I thought was an error. They are indeed sold out of the discounted WSU tix. You canstill get tickets for the game, but the tix that get you discounted seats and the hat are gone.

Oh...and if you have extra or can't go, PM me. Looking for 5.

Comment

Wow, I'm glad I quit procrastinating last weekend and got mine purchased. Last year they sold more tickets than hats, but they got more hats to accommodate the extra sales. This year they probably don't have the headroom in overall available tickets to do that, especially for a Saturday game on a holiday weekend.

Comment

Doh. I'd be interested in 3, if anybody is sitting on extras.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Drinking lunch at the flying saucer. Anybody around?
          One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

I wasn't able to go this year and forgot to tune the game on to check it out.

How was the turnout for those who went? Anything special that went on? Who threw out the first pitch?
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

You didn't miss anything as far as the baseball game was concerned. Royals had ample opportunities and weren't able to cash any in. ShockerNation was well represented. It was great to be among so many of the Shocker faithful. Everyone I talked to is looking forward to a very special season. Wu threw out the first pitch. Weak effort. It was like a four-hopper to the plate. Kind of embarrassing. I was hoping for one of the seniors to do the honors. I was seated down in the right field corner and never saw if any of the team was there. Maybe someone else can report on that. It was a fun night at the "K" for the wife and I.
              Go Shocks!

Comment

Last year they had Fred, Ron, and Tekele there to throw out the first pitch and for pictures, etc. I figure that couldn't happen this year as it was much later in the year.

Comment

Kind of a bummer really. Wu was all sorts of lame-thought HCGM or someone may throw out the pitch and never did hear any references to our basketball program. Maybe I missed that.

....oh and the game sucked

Comment

I didn't notice anyone from the team there either. Maybe nobody was available due to the holiday. Who knows? Still a fun night...game notwithstanding.
                    78-65

Comment

I had no idea WSU's basketball team was the first to ever fly to an away game, in 1928.

Oh, and Gene Stephenson is apparently still the WSU baseball coach. Who knew?

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                        I didn't notice anyone from the team there either. Maybe nobody was available due to the holiday. Who knows? Still a fun night...game notwithstanding.
                        I have a feeling that will be the last time there is WSU night and we aren't represented. The LAST time.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          I had no idea WSU's basketball team was the first to ever fly to an away game, in 1928.
                          Yeah, that was a neat tidbit of info. It seemed like I had heard that before.

...1928 team at the University of Wichita was the first college team to fly to an away basketball game (they flew to Fort Hays).

My mom was surprised to see that, especially when I mentioned that I thought it was to a game in Hays. I told her that:
                          A) at that point in time, schools like WSU and Fort Hays would square off
                          B) with the airplane heritage in Wichita, that wasn't surprising
                          C) the Interstate wasn't developed yet, so Hays was farther away than the 2.5-hour drive that it is now.
                          D) since airplane travel was relatively new at that point, the distance a plane could go was limited, especially one that had to carry a sizable group of people.
                          78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            I have a feeling that will be the last time there is WSU night and we aren't represented. The LAST time.
                            The University was well represented. The admissions folks had a couple tables. WuShock was out and about. Certainly, the fanbase made WSU well represented by selling out the allotment of WSU Night group tickets.

But yeah...it will be nice when 3G takes the mound as the coach of the defending national champions next summer.
                            78-65

Comment

Working...
                            X