Broncos at Chiefs, Thursday night football, September 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos at Chiefs, Thursday night football, September 17

Is anyone else going to KC to watch the Broncos play the Chiefs on September 17th? It's a Thursday night game. My two nephews (21 and 24) and I will be driving up Thursday afternoon to be there as early as we can to get checked into the hotel and get to the parking lot for some tailgating. I thought it might be fun to meet up with other ShockerNetters for a beer or two before the game if anyone is going to be there. I don't care if you are a Chiefs fan or a Broncos fan, as long as you don't mind being seen with 3 diehard Broncos fans.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
    Is anyone else going to KC to watch the Broncos play the Chiefs on September 17th? It's a Thursday night game. My two nephews (21 and 24) and I will be driving up Thursday afternoon to be there as early as we can to get checked into the hotel and get to the parking lot for some tailgating. I thought it might be fun to meet up with other ShockerNetters for a beer or two before the game if anyone is going to be there. I don't care if you are a Chiefs fan or a Broncos fan, as long as you don't mind being seen with 3 diehard Broncos fans.
    What?! A Bronco fan in Chiefs country?! Burn him at the stake!! ;)

In all seriousness, have fun. (Most) KC fans will welcome you well (with some good natured ribbing, of course).
    The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
      What?! A Bronco fan in Chiefs country?! Burn him at the stake!! ;)

In all seriousness, have fun. (Most) KC fans will welcome you well (with some good natured ribbing, of course).
      Yah. We've been going for years. My best friend is a Chiefs fan, so we always give each other a hard time. There are a few that take things too far, like one guy cussing out my then 13 year old niece for wearing her Broncos jersey, but for the most part, we've always had a good time and had fun interacting with other Broncos fans as well as Chiefs fans.

Comment

Three seasons ago, I had the oddest experience at Arrowhead. I usually get some kind of ribbing from the peanut gallery that is the Chiefs fanbase. Most of it is good-natured but a few a-holes occasionally are mixed in. (Yes, it happens everywhere...even in Denver.)

In 2012, you knew the Chiefs were in a bad state with their fans because NOBODY said a word to me as I was rocking my orange and blue. Fans were more concerned about flying banners to fire Scott Pioli and Romeo Crennel than making snide comments to rival fans. I was ready for a little bit of ribbing but heard NONE. It was odd.
        78-65

Comment

I haven't been for several years, but one year I went up with my Chiefs fan buddy, and the Broncos were winning rather handily (it was when the Chiefs were having a REALLY tough year. About 5 minutes before the end of the game, my buddy looked at me and said "This place may as well be Mile High right now." I asked him what he meant and he pointed out that it seemed like there were more Broncos fans left than Chiefs fans. There weren't of course, but at the time, the bottom bowl was all orange seats (don't know if it's changed), so between the Broncos fans that were there and all the empty orange seats, it looked that way.

Comment

Yah. We've been going for years. My best friend is a Chiefs fan, so we always give each other a hard time. There are a few that take things too far, like one guy cussing out my then 13 year old niece for wearing her Broncos jersey, but for the most part, we've always had a good time and had fun interacting with other Broncos fans as well as Chiefs fans.
            I have a good friend who is a Broncos fan, and I'm a Chiefs fan. We were actually talking about possibly going to this game as part of his bachelor party. We might either do that, or go to a Royals game.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerEngineer View Post
              I have a good friend who is a Broncos fan, and I'm a Chiefs fan. We were actually talking about possibly going to this game as part of his bachelor party. We might either do that, or go to a Royals game.
              Well if you decide to go to this game, let me know. Maybe we can meet up for some pregame beverages.

Comment

Well if you decide to go to this game, let me know. Maybe we can meet up for some pregame beverages.
                Sure thing, if we can work that around any other bachelor party activities. :) Still up in the air at the moment.

Comment

Are you kidding me? F u donkey fan! I suppose u like Tulsa or Creighton also! Just kidding! May be going to the game but my peeps most likely won't deal with a bronc buster fan! Hav fun and be safe!

Comment

Go Broncos! United in Orange my friend, have fun!
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Working...
                    X