Soccer: General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eeesh
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Navas has been outstanding in goal for CRC. I'm not a big fan of that foul in the box on the US there, but I'm not a soccer guy. Seemed like the American had a much better path to the ball than the keeper.

CRC is clearly in excellent form right now and hopefully will qualify in the playoff with Oceania.

Comment

• An incredible effort is turned away again by Costa Rica. That's in the back of the net if the defender doesn't get in the way.

Comment

• Thought Pulisic was targeted by CRC players most of the night...there weren't a whole lot of consequences for their repeated challenges on him.

We were really on the front foot in the first half but it fizzled out in the second half.

We're going to the World Cup this year and that's the main thing I'm taking away from this.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Group B

England v Iran
            USA v Wales or Scotland

England v USA
            Iran v Wales or Scotland

England v Wales or Scotland
            USA v Iran
            Last edited by WuDrWu; April 1, 2022, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• Outstanding draw for a chance to advance for the USA.

Group of Death is .........?

Comment

• Wales is my 2nd favorite national team
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• For any of you that follow European soccer, B/R puts out a video series similar to the Gridiron Heights series called The Champions. Below is the latest season in its entirety. Pretty funny with a lot of quick and subtle references.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                    For any of you that follow European soccer, B/R puts out a video series similar to the Gridiron Heights series called The Champions. Below is the latest season in its entirety. Pretty funny with a lot of quick and subtle references.

Ok, that's funny stuff.

Comment

• Bayern vs Dortmund on ABC this morning has been enjoyable. Bayern clearly the better side, but Erling Haaland is causing big problems for Bayern’s back line.

Comment

• "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Is this what soccer players do when it's too muddy to play outside? :)

https://twitter.com/JomboyMedia/stat...76684295622658

Last edited by Ted Lasso's Neighbor; May 26, 2022, 04:02 PM.
                          Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• That's impressive.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I assume they have chiropacters and neurologists on retainer.

Comment

• US playing Uruguay in a friendly today. Tied 0-0 at half.

US had 58% of possession in the first half.

This game might have been 2-0 or 3-0 Uruguay at half if it were played in the lead-up to the 2018 World Cup.

Tim Weah is incredible on the wing.

This team is the best American team we’ve ever put out there. I know it’s a friendly. I know they’re young. But the talent level and ceiling is so high.

Klinsmann was the technical director while he was also head coach. I wonder what would have happened if he had been given a little more time, his propensity to play less talented German-American players notwithstanding. Maybe it was his time to go. But he deserves a lot of credit for this, and he may not get much.

It’s a friendly, and I get that, but our quality is there.

The USSF is going to run out of Democrat pet causes to champion at some point, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X