• Show
Clear All

-Lake Como
    -Monaco (for the F1 GP)
    -Various classic alpine villages of Austria/Switzerland/Germany
    -Patagonia
    -Ireland and/or Scotland
    -Yosemite

The stereotypical idea of tropical oceans and beaches only do so much for me. You can only sit on your butt in the sand, sweat, and stare at an endless body of water for so long. Give me mountains and their cool, dry air, along with more interesting activities outside of sitting in a lawn chair and drinking.

Comment

I'm thinking Italy, Tuscany, Venice, Rome. Maybe Austria and Switzerland, Paris, Normandy.

Comment

Originally posted by TheYeti
        Rome! Wife and I were all set to leave June 7th for Rome, flying out of Charlotte. As our plane was leaving, I was being wheeled into the operating room of a Charlotte hospital for emergency kidney surgery. It was a shitty way to spend our vacation. I want to try again.
        Wow! That sucks hard on so many levels.

Have you shared this on SN before? I thought I recall you being seriously sick a few months back, but not much else.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
          I'm thinking Italy, Tuscany, Venice, Rome. Maybe Austria and Switzerland, Paris, Normandy.
          I would second all of these. Central and Southern Europe would be great. I might also add the UK in there.

I also hear Pyongyang is nice this time of year.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I've changed my mind; tired of this friggin' hot weather... maybe I'll find a big nugget.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
              I've changed my mind; tired of this friggin' hot weather... maybe I'll find a big nugget.
              That's why I put Denali on my list. But be patient, grasshopper, while you should only have about a month or so of this weather left. We'll probably get our first fall front in Houston around September 10th, with the first really good one about 3 weeks later.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                That's why I put Denali on my list. But be patient, grasshopper, while you should only have about a month or so of this weather left. We'll probably get our first fall front in Houston around September 10th, with the first really good one about 3 weeks later.
                I'm guessing it feels like a Kansas fall in Houston right about... uh, January? Is there a decent-sized metro area in all of the continental US with a higher combination of heat and humidity than Houston? Oh well, at least you have natural scenery... uh, wait... damn... help me out here with a redeeming quality for Houston. WAIT... I've got it! I bet you have a Cheesecake Factory!?!

(I'm really just being sarcastic above, don't take it too much to heart.)
                Last edited by SHOCKvalue; July 29, 2015, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                  The stereotypical idea of tropical oceans and beaches only do so much for me. You can only sit on your butt in the sand, sweat, and stare at an endless body of water for so long. Give me mountains and their cool, dry air, along with more interesting activities outside of sitting in a lawn chair and drinking.
                  You clearly lack imagination. The beach offers a LOT more than just "sitting in a lawn chair and drinking." For example, you can recline the lawn chair into a lying position!
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    You clearly lack imagination. The beach offers a LOT more than just "sitting in a lawn chair and drinking." For example, you can recline the lawn chair into a lying position!
                    And here I was going to list all the other actives in Hawaii one could do. However, now I see that, too, would lack imagination.

Comment

Working...
                    X