Black Friday in July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Friday in July

Amazon 'Prime Day' deals -- and Wal-Mart's counter-sale -- is upon us and some of them are actually worth the click. Earlier this month Amazon announced its own online version of a "Black Friday in July" sale, exclusively for its $99 per year Prime members. The move prompted other retailers, like Wal-Mart, Levi's and Newegg to jump on the bandwagon.

Yes, they had some great deals. There was a 50" big screen TV with one terabyte of storage and 10 preloaded movies for less than $1000. Unfortunately, that one was gone by about 9 a.m.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
      Yes, they had some great deals. There was a 50" big screen TV with one terabyte of storage and 10 preloaded movies for less than $1000. Unfortunately, that one was gone by about 9 a.m.
      Aside from the fact that I bought a 50" HDTV seven years ago now for either $800 or $900 (can't recall), what is the draw of the same thing today, for more money, but with storage ability? I'm not flaming, I guess I just don't understand the point, nor why it is a good deal.

I thought Prime Day was terrifically underwhelming, from kind of a hilarious perspective considering all of the press Amazon was throwing its way.

Comment

Yea, it was pretty pathetic overall. There were about a dozen noteworthy deals, but they buried all of them in such an ocean of garbage that you had to waste hours clicking through all the junk in upcoming flash deals to find the occasional steal. Then once it went live, you had about 4 seconds (if that) to add it to your cart before they ran out of inventory.

Twitter's reaction nailed it pretty well. Lots of people fell for the hype on this one, but good luck getting anyone to believe the next time around.

Comment

Working...
        X