St. Louis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Louis

Are there any ShockerNetters that live in or have spent much time in St. Louis? I know some of you go for Arch Madness, but anything outside of basketball? I am being sent over there next weekend for work. I'm taking the wife and 8 year old daughter with me, as I won't be actually at the work responsibility more than a couple of hours Monday and Tuesday. We are going up on Saturday, and the company I'm visiting is giving me tickets to go to the Cardinals game Saturday night (I'm NOT a Cardinals fan, but hey, it's free). I'm trying to figure out something(s) to do Sunday, and possibly Monday afternoon/evening. I've heard there's a "City Museum" in StL that's good for kids, but wondered if anybody had any other ideas. Also good places to eat while there?
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

The zoo there is really nice. It's free as well. There are some things inside that do cost (carousel, train) but it has some great exhibits.
    There's an all you can eat brazillian steakhouse caled Tucano's In St. Charles we really liked. Not as pricey as some others and we got a discount for downloadin their app.

Comment

You have to take the kid to "City Museum". Awesome place for a kid to play.....
      Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
      Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Comment

There's obviously the Arch and if I remember right, there's a museum with it as well. We (my wife and I, no kids) really enjoyed it. There's also the old court house right there near the Arch too which was interesting if you're into history.

Comment

Whoa.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

We took a 2 hr. trolley tour. Our guide did a great job of pointing some attractions, telling us history, and also giving us information on what was free and great for kids. It might be a way of seeing things that interest your family (so you can visit later) if you do it early on your visit.

Comment

The US Junior Championship is about to wrap up ........ It's been an exciting tournament featuring the best upcoming recruits in the country............ Chess is a lot like a basketball game out there...... Players of different sizes going all over the court . Some players better a doing certain things , others players with different talents....... As the coach , you have to have all your team playing together , play great "D" , and attack when you get mismatches...... And the strategies involved ?? Mercy , a thousand years of history there..............

The US Junior Closed Championship 2015 takes place from 7th July, 2015 to 15th July, 2015 at the Chess Club and Scholastic Center St. Louis. It is a ten-player round robin event, in which the best juniors of the USA take part. After seven rounds IM Akshat Chandra and FM Arthur Shen lead with 5.0/7, half a point ahead of IM Jeffery Xiong. Pictures, games, analyses.

Comment

How did Josh Waitzkin do?

Comment

Working...
                  X