Soccer: USWNT vs Germany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soccer: USWNT vs Germany

This is as high level as it gets in women's soccer.

And so far no disappointment. Germany is relentless. But the US can counter attack and has the best defense.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

There's no way Germany maintains this pressure for 90 minutes. When the game settles down I think we'll see a momentum swing.

Comment

Alex needed to do a LOT more with that late first half opportunity. A little disappointed to be tied at half time. Thought we had the better good goal chances.

Comment

That was a fortuitous penalty for the US. Lloyd made it count though.

Seems like Germany is giving up on their runs a little too early, settling for long shots that have little chance.

Comment

Sweet!

Love that for Kelly O'Hara. She took the move from Pia years ago and has been a star for the National team.

Comment

Pleasantly surprised. I suspected we were going to get run in this match.

Comment

Kudos to the fans in Montreal. 51000 representing the Red White and Blue.

I love soccer, but I really don't care what it is, I'm all aboard if they're playing for country and pride. That was a fun match, unless you're German.

I'd like to think with the final in Vancouver, and the close proximity to Seattle, that the Americans will be very well supported in the final match.

It could be a raucous environment.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                That was a fortuitous penalty for the US. Lloyd made it count though.

Seems like Germany is giving up on their runs a little too early, settling for long shots that have little chance.
                I felt a little dirty about that PK. Terrible call. Glad we got a legit one. A REAL legit one at that!
                Last edited by Kung Wu; June 30, 2015, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  I felt a litle dirty about that PK. Terrible call. Glad we got a legit one. A REAL legit one at that!
                  It seems to me to be a bizarre byproduct of one official covering the entire field. From where she landed in the box i can see where the official would think it should be a PK. I find it amusing the commentators with slow motion replay feel comfortable calling that out as a bad call.
                  You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

That was really, really fun to watch

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                      It seems to me to be a bizarre byproduct of one official covering the entire field. From where she landed in the box i can see where the official would think it should be a PK. I find it amusing the commentators with slow motion replay feel comfortable calling that out as a bad call.
                      It was a bad call in real time. I called it bad before there was any replay and it had nothing to do with where the foul occurred. If I was a German fan I would have been throwing some saurbrauten at the telly. Lol

Comment

It was a bad call in real time. I called it bad before there was any replay and it had nothing to do with where the foul occurred. If I was a German fan I would have been throwing some saurbrauten at the telly. Lol
                        Yes, but you are watching it with a bird's eye view. Not chasing it from behind at a bad angle.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                          Yes, but you are watching it with a bird's eye view. Not chasing it from behind at a bad angle.
                          Believe me, I know.

Comment

Believe me, I know.
                            I guess I'll just take your word for it.

Regardless, the U.S. was the better team throughout, and the Germany player choked on that PK.

Comment

Man that it brilliant!

Comment

Working...
                              X