Golf anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf anyone?

Looking for a fourth to go golfing Saturday morning at 9:30 at Hidden Lakes. Free round for four I won in a work tourney drawing last year. Comes with a cart. If any of you ShockerNetters don't mind golfing with some pretty high handicappers and want to play, let me know.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

That's pretty darned cool. Well done @ShockdaWorld:.

Comment

Great offer. I would normally jump on it in a heartbeat, but I help with the Air Capital Classic and will be tied up with that. Thanks again.

Comment

FREE GOLF!!! Come on guys, don't make me tell the other two to invite their friends. I don't like their friends. Their friends are fans of that school up north.

Comment

Ok, last call before I have to take my chances with friend's friends, although that may be more enjoyable now that "Mr. Lottery Pick" Alexander's hoops dreams were laid to rest. (Unless of course he grows up A LOT and starts working his tail off to make a roster. Based on the very short history we've seen, that doesn't look good.)

I know Evan and Ron like to golf, I'd give up one of my buddy's spots to get those guys on the course. ;)

Edit: Let me rephrase that. I'd give up one of my buddies to get those guys on the course. LOL

Comment

Just wanted to throw it out there that as far as public courses go, I was impressed with the staff at Hidden Lakes this morning. I had a gift card for a round of golf for 4 including carts, but only 3 showed. I asked them if there was anyone in the pro shop that wanted to play, as I was going to invite them to be our 4th. There weren't any singles in the pro shop at the time, so one of the guys behind the counter just took my gift certificate and wrote me another one for one round including a cart. The older gentleman that I believe they call the "course marshal" was around several times just checking in and making sure we were enjoying our round. Even the beer cart girl added to the service. She came around multiple times to offer beverages, and at one point my buddy wanted a Gatorade, and he asked how much it was. She said 2.50. He pulled out his wallet and saw that he only had $2.00 cash (I had no cash either, we've become way too reliant on plastic), and she offered to give it to him anyway. He didn't take it, but was very nice of her to offer. I know it's not the same as a country club experience, but as for public courses, I'd certainly recommend them based on service alone.

Comment

I am amazed that no one took you up on your offer to play. I would have loved to have played, but like other peeps on here, I had a prior a commitment. Hopefully you put the 2 beakers in their place!!!
              Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
              Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

I probably played the worst round of golf I've played in about 10 years, but I won the battle of Shocker vs. Hawker talk. lol

Comment

Working...
                X