Soccer: USWNT vs Columbia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diiiive.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Aaaaand USA now +2.
      In fact, we're only 30 minutes in and if it continues at this pace, Kung Wu can comfortably predict a U.S.A. 2+ goal differential victory.
      Game over 2-0.
      Recognize, suckas! :)

Comment

I thought the US turned the ball over going forward way too often on easy plays, not difficult ones.

Cumulative yellows mean Rapinoe and Holliday sit against China. Megan owns the left, so that's going to be problematic for the US side, imho.

However if that means more Alex Morgan and Cristen Press....then I'm all for the change.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
          Cumulative yellows mean Rapinoe and Holliday sit against China.
          I'm a HUGE fan of Rapinoe. Losing her for a match would cause my butt to pucker if I were her coach. Anyway I thought her yellow was b.s., but I'm super biased. :)

Don't. Lose. To. China.
          Last edited by Kung Wu; June 23, 2015, 07:33 AM.

Comment

I'm a HUGE fan of Rapinoe. Losing her for a match would cause my butt to pucker if I were her coach. Anyway I thought her yellow was b.s., but I'm super biased. :)

Don't. Lose. To. China.
            WuDrWu wrote it, but in your post, it says you did. Can we confirm that Kung Wu and WuDrWu are the same person?!

I can't say that I know anything about soccer, but I've tried to watch their games. I was a little afraid when all of the analysts in the pregame declared that this would be an easy win for the USA. I know it was supposed to be, but for some reason, things don't always turn out the way they should. It looked like the US struggled more than they wanted to, but I think that was also assisted by some interesting foul calls and yellow cards. I thought things were gonna turn south after the missed PK, but they recovered very well for a comfortable win.

Comment

Really should have had a least one more penalty, but in typical soccer ways, no immediate back to back penalties were going to be called unless there was blood.

I am NO @Kung Wu:, I promise. He has me beat in any category you want to create.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                WuDrWu wrote it, but in your post, it says you did. Can we confirm that Kung Wu and WuDrWu are the same person?!
                Oops! My multiquote was going crazy and I screwed that up.

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                I can't say that I know anything about soccer, but I've tried to watch their games. I was a little afraid when all of the analysts in the pregame declared that this would be an easy win for the USA. I know it was supposed to be, but for some reason, things don't always turn out the way they should. It looked like the US struggled more than they wanted to, but I think that was also assisted by some interesting foul calls and yellow cards. I thought things were gonna turn south after the missed PK, but they recovered very well for a comfortable win.
                Yeah, in World Cup play you have to be careful about "easy" wins. I definitely felt like the US side was doing better than the announcers. They had many chances early in the game and were controlling possession. I agree that the fouls were going against the US, but that's because the Columbia side was a typical latin-america dive, dive, dive team. Irritating. I wonder if when Columbia plays against Argentina, all 22 bodies just lie on the pitch writhing around like a bunch of fish washed up on the shore?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  I am NO @Kung Wu, I promise. He has me beat in any category you want to create.
                  Totally not true. You know basketball, I know soccer. That's just the way it is. :)

Comment

Don't. Lose. To. China.
                    20-0-4 since 2003. It will end sometime, let's hope not this week. This China team is solid, but not as good as the American side, I think.

Not at all looking past the Chinese, but with Norway and Brazil losing, our half of the bracket seems totally stacked now. France/Germany winner awaits.

@Kung Wu:, speaking of France/Germany, are you old enough to have enjoyed the 82 World Cup (I think) when those 2 countries met in the semis? Sean Connery narrated a documentary of the entire WC that I remember seeing on HBO at some point.

The great German goalkeeper, Schumacher perhaps, made a meal out of French midfielder Patrick Battiston late in the match when no foul was called. The French were denied a penalty and substitution and lost in penalties after taking a 3-1 lead in overtime. Klaus Fischer's bicycle in the 108th minute tied the game.

Incredible match.

The foul is before the 1:00 minute mark here

Comment

The great German goalkeeper, Schumacher perhaps, made a meal out of French midfielder Patrick Battiston late in the match when no foul was called. The French were denied a penalty and substitution and lost in penalties after taking a 3-1 lead in overtime. Klaus Fischer's bicycle in the 108th minute tied the game.

Incredible match.

The foul is before the 1:00 minute mark here
                      One of the all time classics! And Schumacher (one of my all time favorite keepers) is just standing there waiting to take his goal kick as if nothing happened. Hee hee hee. I was born and bred a West Germany soccer fan. That truly was one of the most memorable World Cup events in the past 40 years.

Comment

I wish I could see that in slow mo HD so I could tell if Karl Heinz Rummenigge actually made contact and flicked that 2nd goal in, or if it was just a right place right time deflection.

Comment

Totally off the subject, unless you're on Shockernet, but Clint Dempsey's wife is not unattractive.

Comment

Again, off subject, @Kung Wu: or anyone, did you catch the Chile v Uruguay match day before yesterday? First time I've ever seen a guy GIVEN a red card for RECEIVING a rectal exam.

Only in soccer.

Comment

Again, off subject, @Kung Wu or anyone, did you catch the Chile v Uruguay match day before yesterday? First time I've ever seen a guy GIVEN a red card for RECEIVING a rectal exam.

Only in soccer.
                              Hahah, no, but now you got me intrigued. I'll check it out.

Comment

Hahah, no, but now you got me intrigued. I'll check it out.
                                The entertainment network where videos and personalities get really big, really fast. Download Vine to watch videos, remixes and trends before they blow up.

Comment

Working...
                                X